+32 There is no such thing as a "Friend", so there's no purpose in complaining about fake friends, amirite?

by Kreigersarina 4 weeks ago

My best friend and I have been friends for over 30 years, and we still regularly hang out. He's like a brother to me. There most assuredly is such a thing as a friend. Sorry that you apparently haven't found any.

by Knolan 4 weeks ago

-guy who has no friends

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Sounds like an opinion from a bitter person who doesn't have friends. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for you, but I assure you they are real. Now, to your point lots of people are too lose with the word when describing acquaintances, but actual friends absolutely exist and I'm lucky to have a handful.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

When people accept they don't have "Friends", the better they feel and more comfortable to accept humanity as it is. This is cope for people who are socially awkward or misanthropic and want to pretend that they're better for it.

by Lueilwitzevange 4 weeks ago

I've never made a sweater so sweaters don't exist

by Commercial_Tap4288 4 weeks ago

That sucks man. I'm sorry you've never had a real friend.

by brookgusikowski 4 weeks ago

Yeah I know. Are you saying you don't really think this?

by brookgusikowski 4 weeks ago

You might be a little paranoid, please look into therapy

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

This might be a reflection of yourself, i don't have any friends either rn but it's my own fault

by wreilly 4 weeks ago

If the common denominator is you…

by torpleonora 4 weeks ago

What a sad paranoid person

by javonrunte 4 weeks ago

That's like saying Burger King isn't real because the one I used to go to closed down. ALL things in this life are temporary…..given a long enough time scale. I can see why you have this opinion though….there are many terrible people out there. When you let the misanthropy that comes along with dealing with these kinds of people in your life blind you to the point where you think everyone is like that, well, you are allowing those people to have more power than they should have over your life and you are doing a disservice to yourself. You are limiting yourself with your own hatred. Yes, there are people worth your derision and scorn. Is it everyone on the planet every moment of every day? It sounds ludicrous when you put it like that, yeah? Now you see why this is an unpopular opinion.

by That_Mixture 4 weeks ago

Hahaha. Enjoy that sad life buds.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

You must be sad

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

I've been friends with the same group since before first grade. We grew up together, supported one another, still regularly all hang out and have always been in each others life. They are my friends.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

I think in a similar way and still don't agree with it at all. It's a sad, lonely way of thinking and living and should be dealt with, ideally through therapy or similar means. While sure, people will most likely look for their own interests, sharing common interests and building each other up is also an option, and that's without even accounting for emotion and humans innate need for socialization. "When people accept they don't have "Friends", the better they feel and more comfortable to accept humanity as it is." and also, this only helps if you either never plan having friends or while you are looking for them. If you sustain this mentality for too long, it'll break ya, I'm speaking from experience, especially once you establish complete independence only for all those believes to be shattered once you meet actually quality people and even more especially if you start being alone again after the fact. We need closeness, we need people, we need friends and family and that's a fact. Now, emotionally depending on them and having issues being your own person, now that's a complete different story and fits much better as to what I quoted you on in the last paragraph.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

"What I was saying was you should see people as acquaintances and don't expect so much from them.", that's what the healthy people call being friends :D It's a good thing not to expect anything in life, this just goes hand in hand with that

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago