+32 Somewhere, a 15 year old is giving a 35 year old life advice. amirite?

by Acceptable_Golf 4 weeks ago

Used to work at a Popeyes as a teen and most of my coworkers were immigrants, some legal and others not. It was crazy to see the difference in priorities and just general life direction. I was working to get some extra spending money for games or clothes. While they were working to support their entire lives.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

When i was about 13, i used to play a MMORPG, i remember consoling a woman triple my age after her divorce

by Automatic_Pomelo_907 4 weeks ago

I feel like I've seen way too many people say this exact same thing lmfao

by Horn 4 weeks ago

Did her husband divorce her because she played too much World of Warcraft?

by Head_Hamster2262 4 weeks ago

Did she go by Maya and call you Tatsuya?

by janaeschiller 4 weeks ago

Children are often great at bringing adults back into a mindset that refocuses us on what's really important. Children often haven't been fully injured or corrupted by life, so their view on things is refreshing and nourishing to many adults. We were all kids once. All loving and full of hope. Its good to reflect.

by IceWorking 4 weeks ago

Spoken like a true child.

by anikakihn 4 weeks ago

Spoken like a depressed adult lol

by IceWorking 4 weeks ago

Age doesn't limit insight. A 15-year-old may offer fresh perspectives and wisdom that are valuable, regardless of their youth. Wisdom comes from the ability to listen and empathize, not just experience

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Spoken like a true 15 year old.

by Agreeable_Lecture_20 4 weeks ago

I'm 30 and I agree with him (or them rather), you sound like a dick

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

It's all good. I feel comfortable owning that label in this regard.

by Agreeable_Lecture_20 4 weeks ago

Bad decisions lead to experience, experience leads to good decisions. Good decisions lead to good experience. Good experience leads to wisdom. It's a process that takes time. Just having an insight doesn't equal experience. I bastardized a famous quote here.

by CabinetPractical8141 4 weeks ago

I think you need a "can lead to" in all of these statements

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Rather "hopefully leads to"

Yeah this "truism" really ignores hard data regarding cyclical violence and repeat offenders.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

While you are right about what you said the reverse is never true, it only works one direction. You don't also see the words good experience- that means it's not the maladaptive type of stuff it's the healthy kind.

Bad decisions lead to experience, experience leads to good decisions. Good decisions lead to good experience. Good experience leads to wisdom. Exactly. Take that prompt, and apply this cycle to every lesson you learn - relatively seperately. There's parts one could be wise in, and act prematurely at other parts of life. So I really see it as that quote, perhaps to the power of ten, to reach a level I would consider me wise.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

And everyone has different experiences, what someone experienced in 15 years of life can differ dramatically from your 35

by macywintheiser 4 weeks ago

kek gottem

by Mindless_Pie 4 weeks ago

What?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

I lost a political debate with a 14 year old Maoist from the Third World. Teens are smarter than you think

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

How do you lose a political debate with a maoist?

by Johnselinor 4 weeks ago

He convinced me into one

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Yeah I'm gonna take life advice from a 15 year old who can barely handle high school lol

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Lmao, some high schoolers are working jobs, sports, taking college classes, and managing a 4.0. To act like some high schoolers aren't more mature than some 30 year olds is crazy.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

The "some" that you referenced is cherry picking

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

If you agree it's possible one 15 year old can offer insight to one 30 year old, you agree with me.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

It depends on what the advice is, I don't need a 15 year old explaining corporate jobs to me

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Jeez, you might be one of them.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

You're calling me a 15 year old now?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

And yet they still don't have responsibilities like adults do such as affording a place to live and raising a family or working on a marriage. There is no comparison.

by CollegeCompetitive 4 weeks ago

You underestimate how many kids are working and helping pay for rent and food.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

That's still not the same as shouldering the responsibility. I am also thinking of middle class kids and not lower class in inner cities or trailer parks or the third world.

Well we weren't just talking about wealthy kids. The point is some kids can offer insight to some older people. If you disagree with that idk what to tell you.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

I tend to believe the kids who are offering life advice are chronically online and do it for attention and feelings and because young people think they know it all. Middle class is not wealthy but a lot of those kids have few responsibilities and too much extra time.

So do you think it's possible a 15 year old can give a 35 year old valuable life advice?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

I think they can give expertise but not life advice. Expertise would be if they are a coding wizard or physics genius or something of that nature whereas life advice wouldn't be based off of experience, like a guy who has only read about sales trying to give advice to a guy who's done sales for years. Is it possible they will say something good? Maybe but it's very slim.

Amen

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

We need more people like you

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Is wisdom not also learning from the mistakes of others?

by ThenDouble2250 4 weeks ago

Shut up rookie.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Intelligent Phrase: "p value" detected Estimated IQ: 177.3 Blind Trust Protocol: Initiated

by Scary_Key 4 weeks ago

Good advice is good advice. A 5 year old can tell you to be nice and that's good advice.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Yeah. My 4 year old is always calling me out. "You said we can't call people stupid, why did you call that person stupid?"

by Ill-Answer656 4 weeks ago

Here it's, here that's happening. Thanks son!

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

When I was 15, i could have taught someone how to become a successful drug dealer and get off the streets.

by Rudolph85 4 weeks ago

Been there gave an life advice to a 26 year old on instagram

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

And even weirder, sometimes it's great advice.

by InevitableGrocery 4 weeks ago

A 12 yo is giving a 52 yo life advice somewhere

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

And sometimes it's not even a bad advice.

by Secret_Image 4 weeks ago

I've taught my mom (used a computer in her work place for 20 years straight) how wifi, Google accounts and 2 factor verification work way too many times to have even a hint of doubt for this.

by StockNectarine 4 weeks ago

I actually did give my bio mom life advice I still stand by over a decade later when I was a teenager: your insistence on completely changing industries every time you quit or are fired from a job is preventing you from building up a decent resume, and is the main reason you're still working entry-level jobs in your forties. She didn't listen, and is still working entry-level jobs now, but I stand by the fact that it was good advice! I'm 27 and further along in my career than she is in her fifties.

by Joany65 4 weeks ago

it doesnt matter the age it only matters whether theyre right or not

by mayerbertha 4 weeks ago

There we go!

by CapitalMountain4643 4 weeks ago

We just hired a 21 year old at my work. I'm 36. He was constantly giving me advice and telling me the best way to do things when he had absolutely no clue what he was talking about in almost any regard. In fact, I was baffled that my boss hired him. We work in the medical field. This guy smelled terrible every single day even after we sat him down and told him he needed to clean himself and his clothes, he only cares about playing fortnight, he cheats on his "wife" whom he has a kid with, and said "why would you want to visit a beautiful place when you can just google pictures of it." He was also on his phone 24/7. I literally couldn't get him to look up when I was trying to explain concepts to him. There are many, many more stupid things that he did in just a few days. It honestly made me legit worried about the younger generation. Needless to say he doesn't work here any more.

by bethelkuhn 4 weeks ago

Is he really paying attention?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Yeah, it was me on World of Wacraft giving advice to my guildies

by Dangerous-Ease 4 weeks ago

My kids often shed lights on my pursuit of meaning of life in the course of raising them. They may not be aware of this though.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Not me as a 15 year old giving random adults advice lol

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

And what the problem would be?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Good ole Aristotle's out there. (15yo wife he confided in)

by Dangerous-Cow 4 weeks ago

Like jazz Jennings or Greta thunberg

by Consistent-Math-4831 4 weeks ago

My baby is giving me the advice to take nap. He is so wise. NO /s.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

I have been that 15yo way too many times…

by schroederselmer 4 weeks ago

Nice try 15 year old.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

The Olympics probably has a lot of this.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Sometimes a different prospective can be helpful. We get jaded and sometimes pessimistic as we get older. A little youthful energy and hopefulness can be an antidote to that.

by First-Shirt8205 4 weeks ago

The world changes. Older people often have vast knowledge and experience of a world that no longer exist.

by Background_Run_6294 4 weeks ago

I first read that as being given something else more, uh, sexual in nature

by AdFresh 4 weeks ago

I got scared for a second but then I read life advice

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

And the 35-year-old should listen.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

My father, a priest in Minnesota, said kids from seminary back East who had never been in a relationship or worked a job would counsel grown ass adults with grown up problems in Duluth. So, yeah.

by Any-Constant-1902 4 weeks ago

A 15yo is telling 35yo to buy bitcoin. Because old guys lose the flexibility of foresight, by thinking they already know best.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Or a blow job. There I said it. Satisfy?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago