+43 Birthday/celebratory/seasonal cards are stupid, amirite?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Sometimes it's nice to have something physical. A card shows that you remembered in advance and planned something. I'd say a spontaneous spoken message or text is much more shallow than a pre-brought card with your handwriting (my family always includes little personalised messages and doodles).

by Life-Swimming 4 weeks ago

I'd say it depends on the context of the card. Empty card with no note? It's going in the trash Cards with notes from the person it's from? I'll absolutely keep it.

by RegretCareful 4 weeks ago

Valid

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Cards are stupid. They cost $5 and give 15 seconds of enjoyment before it's either thrown away or put in a drawer for five years and then thrown away

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

i don't know where you people are buying your cards lmfaooo $5-8?! do y'all not use the dollar stores or value stores? you don't have to get the expensive hallmark card from target. as for OP: "they're a waste of money" okay so don't buy them? why does it matter what others spend their money on? what about the people who don't do phone and/or video calls?

by Ok_Argument 4 weeks ago

I find cards serve as a vehicle for something a person might want to tell you on a special occasion, and since they're like what, 2 dollars? The message is worth the price to me My grandparents give me a cute card with a note for my birthday. I've kept them all stashed :) don't disregard physical things! They seem unnecessary at the moment but they become so valuable when serving as a memory

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago