+26 Rats and pigeons should be appreciated as cool animals and do not deserve their bad reputation, amirite?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

its funny really when you think about it. we dont like them because they are dirty and carry disease, but they get dirty and carry disease because of us....its quite literally our fault and we shame them for it. they follow the smell of our food, but realize we will kill them for trying to take said food, so they have to hide....but where should a small thing hide...well somewhere we dont go often of course....like the sewers.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Even before the days of sewer systems when we were going in out houses we had rat problems. We can't not eat and attract them with them smell of food, so attracting them is almost unavoidable.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

right. but my point was we created an environment where the best hiding places for them is also the most dirty place. when we were using out houses, the rats would probably pick cleaner hiding spots...like trees, bushes, caves.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Rats are my favourite animal. They're the creature that remind me most of myself, and humans in general.

by Schulistcoty 1 week ago

Username is kinda ironic though. But i agree: rats are absolutely awesome, sure: i got to that conclusion due to having fancy rats. But even wil rats can be endearing animals, as long as they stick to the outdoors.

by Confident-Class 1 week ago

Fair, aye. Eh, I can't hold it against them when they break in and pilfer, it's what we'd do too.

by Schulistcoty 1 week ago

Technically speaking rats and Pigeons are taken to be cool, depending on what community of people you are talking with. In Hindu religion, rats are worshipped, pigeons were used in ancient times as messengers to relay letters and stuff. But honestly people's opinions aren't wrong either, rats are probably carriers of some of the more deadlier diseases, bubonic plague sets an example but well rats are actually cool. The term lab rat is a thing because rat despite being so accessible and small show a lot of resemblance with human anatomy, albeit miniaturized. Pigeons are also decently cool.

by Money_Bird 1 week ago

Pigeons aren't that bad, they are just messy. Rats are understandably disliked. They career disease, and infest places and reproduce like crazy.

by Anonymous 1 week ago