+28 "You can't afford your bills because of Starbucks and avocado toast" is an entirely accurate and valid sentiment, amirite?

by PhilosopherSecret172 1 week ago

I agree with this actually.

by ImaginationInside 1 week ago

Yeah. I'm that guy. Reforming myself. But he's right.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I make decent money & even adding up little luxuries makes me realize how much money people throw away.

by PossibilityCalm1474 1 week ago

They shouldn't be luxuries though, coffee is cheap as hell, most Europe it is cheap as hell... a lot of these "luxuries" are actually over prices essentials giving the impression they are luxury.

by Parking_Solution4178 1 week ago

Coffee is very cheap if you make it yourself though and it takes like 5 extra minutes in the morning, no need to line the pockets of a grossly overpaid CEO so an underpaid barista can make it for you

The luxury is having someone serve you (making you feel important/served). It's saves you time up front, but probably kills you a little sooner every time as well. Considering how terrible for you starbucks/McDonalds (pick your favorite fast service establishment) are, the health tradeoff for time/effort savings isn't even worth it.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Economy is crap yet see literally millions at Disney daily. Totally accurate

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It's like people live beyond their means and just say yes.

by kuvalismelissa 1 week ago

Sure, but most people I've seen spend $25 a week on coffee are also spending $50+ a week on lunch and who knows how much on takeout or delivery after work

That's not true at all . I'm a Millenial who can't stand avocados . I don't drink or smoke yet I'm barley getting by so keep making your assumptions.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

What is your educational background and what is your current occupation?

by RefrigeratorUsual107 1 week ago

Cool cool cool however that coffee may be the only thing that gets some people out of bed and into work so really they're saving money by not being unemployed. Little treats are a survival mechanism, not a moral failing.

by Casimirdietrich 1 week ago

Really? Neither of those things are luxury items. This is blaming people for the economic inequality in our country. There's no reason some people should make 50 million + a year while other people can't afford a piece of fruit or a cup of coffee.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

People wasting money on non essentials and luxuries is definitely something that has become the norm over the last 20 yrs.

by No-Ease 1 week ago

It's easy to blame the past. It's hard to make a better future. What are you gana do about it?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Might I suggest first reading this book.

by Anonymous 1 week ago