+37 Dark energy/Dark matter likely not real. amirite?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Okay armchair physicist

by Formal_Ball 1 week ago

"I'm not a physicist", obviously...

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It is same as Ether theory

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm not a physicist. Then dont talk.

by Present_Policy 1 week ago

Ok I don't know anything either so you should listen to me. What a quark!

by Difficult-Walrus 1 week ago

I'm not a physicist. Y'know, you didn't have to say this. I understood that just from your title. Being proudly uneducated isn't a good thing.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science with a minor in mathematics, and have been a successful Software Engineer for 20+ years. Not a physicist does not mean uneducated.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

What's it like being obnoxious and antagonistic?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Better than being proud of being uneducated.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Did OP say anything that warranted that kind of response? OP is simply saying in his own words humans have a history of reifying things they don't fully understand. That's not so difficult to get behind. He actually sounds pretty educated not sure what you're talking about.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Did OP say anything that warranted that kind of response? Yes. OP is simply saying in his own words humans have a history of reifying things they don't fully understand. No, that isn't what he's saying. That's not so difficult to get behind. He actually sounds pretty educated not sure what you're talking about. Well that makes you uneducated too. Funny how that works.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You sound pretty insecure and arrogant (a combination that goes together like cookies and milk) about your gender studies PHD. Good luck to you, this conversation isn't going anywhere. All the best!

by Anonymous 1 week ago

...Gender studies? What?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Dark matter is observable in its effects on galaxies and the universe. The problem with dark matter is that it doesn't interact with the electromagnetic force which is the only way we "see" things. (not just the visible light spectrum obviously but also radio waves, x rays etc.) Its gravitational effects are quite observable

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm not disagreeing about observable effects, but wouldn't 16th century astronomers have said the magic that moves the planets is clearly observable?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Energy Wave Theory pretty much is the sociobiology equivalent for deep physics problems. If true, everything mysterious in life is actually STUPID SIMPLE.

by ritchiebaylee 1 week ago

Dark matter and dark energy are definitely real. Dark matter makes up the majority of matter in the universe and dark energy is driving the expansion of the universe (someone correct me if I am mistaken) I think you're taking the name too literally. It's called dark matter and dark energy because we don't know what it is and haven't figured out how to observe it. The names are placeholders not descriptors

by Anonymous 1 week ago