+41 Employers should not share employees' birthdays without their consent, amirite?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

some of us dont want the attention. ever.

by Rich_Wolverine 1 week ago

I'm with you. I don't like being the focus of everyone. Prefer to be in the background.

by TeacherPublic 1 week ago

Most definitely, that's doing too much.

by BriefYogurtcloset990 1 week ago

Right?

by Kiehnstanley 1 week ago

I can't imagine the type of person who considers that personal information.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I choose not to share it as I don't want my coworkers to celebrate it

by Queasy_Birthday_4156 1 week ago

Then just tell people you don't want to be celebrated. Must be nice to have that problem, lol. People don't do anything on my birthday unless I actively invite them.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

What if Bob from accounting crashes the party because he knows it's your birthday

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I will take any excuse to party. Bob is more than welcome.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I just don't tell them it is my birthday and there is no problem

by Queasy_Birthday_4156 1 week ago

Some people don't listen.

Ron Swanson would like a word with you.

by RaiseNew 1 week ago

me. im the same guy who never had a Myspace, facebook or instagram i dont like sharing ANYTHING i dont literally have to. Walls up all the time.

Some people could complain about anything.

by kiehnally 1 week ago

I suffer anxiety about my birthday, and go to great lengths to hide it every year. But my employer DGAF and shared it with the whole office despite me explicitly telling them not to when they asked me about it. They said "Oh, but we would have felt bad if we didn't do something for you"

by Anonymous 1 week ago

The fact that you've labelled it 'suffering anxiety' means you know is abnormal to feel this way about your birthday. Most people feel appreciated when someone else goes out of their way to do something nice for them. An employer shouldn't rob the vast majority of people of the opportunity to be kind and giving to one another just because you have an anxiety disorder.

by kiehnally 1 week ago

You got your own office first week on the job at just 20 years old! Congrats!

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Not wanting your birthday to be celebrated is a simple request, I think if you want to ignore it, people should let you

by ghammes 1 week ago

BIG FACTS i dont celebrate mine much and would rather not it brings up many memories of the past "when times were good, family wasnt dead" and i have no desire to think nor feel that work thanks.

Who's getting punished for not sharing their birthday ??

by DoublePlate8210 1 week ago

Agreed, I want my personal life and professional life entirely separate.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

"Cause yall stuck your nose where it didnt belong and wasted money on something i cant have"

by SeaConsequence1364 1 week ago

Your birthday is not "private information" btw. Exactly, if a quick googe search will tell me something (which it will if its on any of your socials with your name) then you gave away the privacy

by SeaConsequence1364 1 week ago

I agree with this, honestly.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I just take the day off. It's the only personal day that I take off besides if I'm sick (what feels like my death bed.) Also, Christmas time.

This generation of young adults are so proactively anti social and then complain they don't have social skills or friends…

by GrandCamera9823 1 week ago

My coworker used to bring mini chimichangas from his uncle's restaurant for people's birthdays. We always used it as an excuse to get an extra break and good food. We were known for our constant potlucks.

by erling58 1 week ago

Not a bad opinion at all. DOB is barely relevant at work. I hate this crap.

by EducationalYouth7785 1 week ago

Guess they shouldn't share your name either cuz that's personal information. /s

by jaskolskijeanie 1 week ago

I mean if someone has a "dead name" that remains their legal name, you could make the argument that employers should respect the name they choose to go by.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Never seen an employer where you couldn't have a preferred name but nice edge casing my guy

You gave the edge case of someone not wanting their legal name shared

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yes just ignore the /s

People are becoming more and more ungrateful. I would give anything for someone to at least make the gesture even if I don't like it.

by kozeyalena 1 week ago