-37 Adults Obsessed with Disney, amirite?

by GloomyMarzipan5571 1 week ago

Walt Disney's literal point in making Disneyland was to make a park that people of all ages would enjoy because he was tired of just sitting on a park bench while his daughters would do fun stuff.

by Tkoss 1 week ago

I think that the worst sorts of adults are the sorts of adults who hate when adults have fun. Especially if they think the only sorts of fun adults are supposed to have is things like drinking or football or something, if even that.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

As an adult who enjoys sports I wholeheartedly agree. I definitely feel like generations of people who grew up with the idea that once you hit like 16 you just had to give up all of the fun/whimsical stuff just have a hard time with people just refusing that mindset. Lol

by raynornoble 1 week ago

Exactly. I'm a huge Disney fan myself, I've never been to the parks but I went on my first Disney Cruise last year and literally cried when I saw the ship, and even I'll admit that some Disney Adults can be cringe and annoying, but the people who hate ALL adult Disney fans and act like anyone who happens to be an adult and like Disney is a cringey little baby, the people who think that they're oh so superior just coz they're So Grown Up and hate Disney are equally as cringe and annoying.

by leannonkaelyn 1 week ago

I will be 110 years old and still absolutely sobbing at the "Aloha Oe" scene in Lilo and Stitch. Hopefully in a Mickey ear headband at one of the parks while everyone around me cringes.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I watched Lilo and Stitch all the time growing up. There's so much that sets it apart from the other Disney movies. For those that need a reminder, Nani believes that she is going to lose Lilo to child services, and can't really explain that to Lilo, so instead she sings her a song, Aloha ‘Oe. Alpha ‘Oe was written by the last queen of Hawaii, Queen Liliuokalani, after the Queen learned American Industrialists had overthrown her monarchy and were going to annex Hawaii. The song was written by her to apologize to her people for not being able to protect them.

by Inevitable_Gas267 1 week ago

Thank you! Why aren't we allowed to have any whimsy or silliness in our lives because Karen here thinks we're too old. Who made her queen of fun!

by Apart_Lavishness 1 week ago

"You can't play video games, they're for kids!" Is an argument that I've heard far too many times from grown ass adults.

by eldablock 1 week ago

To me there's a difference between an adult who enjoys Disney and a Disney adult. I love Disneyland but I'm not obsessed with it. There are people who make Disney their entire personality and it's ridiculous. Frankly, it doesn't just apply to Disney. Anyone who makes any singular thing whether that be Disney, a sports team, a movie, a politician, or anything else their entire personality are irritating to be around.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Exactly

by Andersonbaylee 1 week ago

As long as they're getting some joy outta life, why should I care? Accept it and move on.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I don't understand why adults get so much hate for having season passes to Disney but they don't for literally any other amusement park.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

She's jealous because they are happy lmaooo

by Exciting_Name_248 1 week ago

I haven't been there in a hot minute, but aren't there a BUNCH of adult, or at least older teen activities? I'm pretty sure at the bare minimum they sell alcohol at some of the restaurants

by Laurie28 1 week ago

But he definitely didn't want all people of any age to enjoy it

by Wise-Push 1 week ago

there's plenty of adults who never got to experience the magic when they were kids, through no fault of their own, and they can finally visit disney as adults. you think adults fulfilling their childhood dreams is annoying?? lmao

by National_Broccoli 1 week ago

Yep. My mom couldn't afford the magic we've had to buy our own, lol.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I once traded our cow for some magic beans.

by These_Ad5826 1 week ago

I am 24 and I have never been to Disneyland. I really want to see it some day. People like OP will make me feel bad about enjoying it.

by tromphailee 1 week ago

Don't feel bad, Disneyland only thrives because of adults, and their goal was never to only be a place for children, it's meant to be for all ages. Being an adult doesn't mean you can't have fun or enjoy things

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Nah go and enjoy yourself! I'm 25 and never been because the closest one is in a different hemisphere. I'll definitely be going one day

by rylee13 1 week ago

OP: I'm miserable and boring, so should everyone else! Actually, I feel bad for OP's kids if their mom thinks their lives are over once they turn 18. I sure hope that's not what she's teaching them… but she sounds judgmental and grumpy af. Not a great parental figure IMO. So I wouldn't worry about this sad person's opinion and I would just go live my life.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

When I was 11, my dad sprung for me, my half siblings and my stepmother to all go to Disney. My stepmother, who wasn't a very nice person, screamed at me in the middle of the park that I had ruined the trip for everyone and she wished I never came with them. As a result, eh, I didn't have the best Disney experience. I am by NO means a Disney adult, but when we took the kids to Disneyland my husband made a big point that the trip was about my experience as much as it was the kids, so we really went all out. As a result, that experience replaced my awful Disney memory. In other words, you don't know why people are there. Leave people alone. (This is my mantra for most things. Just leave people alone).

by qdaugherty 1 week ago

I'm glad you now can associate it positively. … what's wild is your wicked stepmother being openly cruel to you is about as Disney-Movie as it gets… now this one has a happy ending :)

by Jkoelpin 1 week ago

Exactly. My first trip to Disney was when I was 37.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

RIP Pleasure Island

by Anonymous 1 week ago

All pay the mouse. All feed the mouse.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Why only childless women and not men? Does she think a woman's only purpose in life is making babies?

by rylee13 1 week ago

I think she was particularly angry at a woman who was eating a pretzel her kid wanted.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yeah she was upset her kid was having a tantrum and wanted to blame anyone or anything else besides her parenting skills.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Because Disneyland only has 1 pretzel, seriously why couldn't she just buy her kid a pretzel if they wanted one?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Does she think a woman's only purpose in life is making babies? Yes,she definitely does

by Anonymous 1 week ago

She's projecting the regret of having a kid onto all other women

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yeah, some people truly want special privileges just for having kids, something many, many other people have. Disneyland is made for any age, the kids and kids at heart.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Classic They are sad because they are stuck with kids and other can enjoy carefree Entitled parents

by Anonymous 1 week ago

As said jealousy is a disease get well soon bitch

If all the people without children are banned, only people with kids remain so who is she skipping in line? Or are adult men still allowed to go, just not skip lines even if they have kids??

by Separate-Driver 1 week ago

Finding joy in things is the only reason I am not a full on nihilist.

by Stock_Technology 1 week ago

Im only alive bc i havent finish my bucket list to go all the disneylands in the world!

by Acceptable_Data9750 1 week ago

NO MAGIC FOR YOU!!!!!

by kavonlegros 1 week ago

A little extra funny because OP has been "a long time Kardashian fan"…. The dumbest gatekeeping lol

by bahringercaroli 1 week ago

It's part of the joke about being disconnected lol.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Mangagment are taught to think funerals and wedding are extracurricular activities and interests are just needless addictions that deter you from work.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

The world doesn't revolve around your kids or others' kids, let people enjoy whatever they want

by Wonderful_Wave 1 week ago

Disney Vacation Club would like to have a word with you.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Note. If you are OP's age and work in accounting don't you DARE go to Disney.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I think OP forgets that kids don't have money/can't book hotels so adults are required to go with them. If they turned away all adults at the door, that would require the parents to give their kids a bunch of money and they would lose all alcohol sales too.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

What if you work in accounting at Disney?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Lucky for me, I bet I am older, so I'm good to go!

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I disagree, disney is for everyone. There are adults who didn't get a chance to enjoy their childhood. You have no idea what some one goes through. Let people enjoy things. Live and let live!

by MechanicPerfect4826 1 week ago

No you're too old to have fun go be sad at your job

by Anonymous 1 week ago

OP is a stereotypical boring ass parent that thinks they deserve special treatment because they made the piss-poor decision to have kids.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I actually would love to go to Disneyland, but I find kids annoying. I would love it if they had an adults only day.

by Fred61 1 week ago

They have adult only nights sometimes. I think they are expensive but I've definitely seen them. Park closes and some people have a special after dark thing they wear and it's adults only.

by IllIndependence5261 1 week ago

I don't really see much of an issue with it. You don't need to have kids to be able to enjoy things from your childhood or lack there of. Some people weren't able to go to Disney when they were younger because they couldn't afford it, and now that they're grown up and have the money they can go and experience the magic they missed out on as a kid. I will say though there does come an issue where some adults ruin the fun for everyone else, but that can be said for a lot of things, not just Disney. A few bad apples doesn't mean an entire group of people who enjoy something are bad.

by Janice13 1 week ago

Damn OP isn't even a kid at heart

by daniallabadie 1 week ago

If you're an adult and into Disney please step aside so all of the actual kids can experience the magic. Like, wow. Entitled parent much? Your kids don't have more of a right to experience the magic than, for instance, the harassed accountant who really needs a 5-minute break from the real world.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

If it wasn't meant for people of all ages to enjoy there wouldn't be things for people of all ages to do

by Excellent_Art_6596 1 week ago

Do you do things that are fun and bring you joy, or do you just do accounting?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Found the karen

by Anonymous 1 week ago

The real reason Disney adults suck is because they are completely insufferable.

by Shany60 1 week ago

Growing up in NZ it was a huge dream to go to Disney. I went in my early 20s and it was magical. However, according to your rules I would not be allowed to go. I guess you are going to tell me I can't buy Lego next 🤪.

by Professional-Oil 1 week ago

I'm not even a huge fan of Disney but I would consider going if there were no kids. Imagine EPCOT if there weren't a million screaming kids and their crabby parents.

by pinkkuphal 1 week ago

I've experienced this, but it was like one or two days after a hurricane, so hard to replicate lmao But it was great. It was during food and wine and literally nothing had a line.

by Bruenmiracle 1 week ago

You must be having one hell of an easy parenthood ride if adults enjoying Disney is ‘one of the most annoying things to you as a mom'. 😂

by Anonymous 1 week ago

How about for the adults experiencing it for the first time?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Disney values profits, single "Disney adults" have more money to spend on merchandise and park food than parents, it makes sense that they have started catering more stuff at their parks to adults, which makes the adults go more often. As long as they still have things catered to children as well I'm not going to complain about it.

It's for the family, not just the kids. Hell, the original point of the animated films was to be for everyone and not just kids… an unfortunate trap they could get out of and something Walt himself wasn't happy about.

by Then_Paper_2775 1 week ago

As a 30 something who has never been to Disney, I can assure you that when I do finally go, it will be magical for me. my mom claims I've been, but I was like two and have zero memory of it.

by Monahantatyana 1 week ago

I went to Disney World for the first time when I was 22, and you know what I did? I bought myself a tiara and I wore that thing proudly!

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I am a 36 (F) with three kids As a mom this is one of the most annoying things to me. Someone is jealous that her friends get to spend their free time at Disney and you don't.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Or even go to Disney and do whatever they want without their kids chiming in the entire time

by EnvironmentLevel9087 1 week ago

Something to consider but childhood trauma or just like very sad childhoods can make a person not able to remember much happiness from their past, but Disney could be like one of those things that like they cling to for that feeling because it's not forgettable, you can always watch the stuff or go there and maybe they're unconscious to that?

by No_Ground_9810 1 week ago

But it's also like insanely expensive and they could go other places, so it kind of does seem a little deep imo. Not shaming them, giving a reason instead of assuming they're weirdos like I would have used to. Life experience with people has shown me most things, even silly things can be deeper than we really are conscious of always. I think this is the case for anyone who we say "lives in the past" or has an obsession with something that doesn't make a ton of sense.

by No_Ground_9810 1 week ago

OP says they live in California and these friends are annual passholders. It's not that expensive if you live there. Source: I grew up in Orlando lol. I've gone a lot with free employee passes from friends. The adults who don't live in California or Florida who go often tend to be pretty rich.

It's so weird to me when people dislike other people enjoying stuff, lol. To me, more joy and happiness in the world is only a good thing :)

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I don't think there's anything wrong with an adult being a fan, or going to the parks, but the videos you see of grown ass people breaking down in tears seeing Cinderella's castle or meeting a cast member is just downright sad and embarrassing.

by Automatic-Oven5185 1 week ago

More like unpopular person with an opinion. You're the kind of parent that no one likes to be around because the entire world needs to bend to your brats. I bet you have a baby on board sticker. Please find some adult friends and try to have fun once in a while.

by Little-Following890 1 week ago

Why is it bad that they like Disney? Pretty much everyone likes Disney, and saying if ur past x years old, you can't like Disney, means less joy or meaning to their life ( they are buying season passes) but you're fine with that?

by Firm_Grape6349 1 week ago

"The worst kind of person is someone who makes someone feel bad, dumb or stupid for being excited about something"

by Kaia70 1 week ago

I hate the fashion. Some just off putting about a 50 y/o grandma wearing her Minnie mouse blouse.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

As adults we know Disney is lame……six flags is waaay better

by Anonymous 1 week ago

There's enough magic for everyone

by Apprehensive_Fly 1 week ago

"step aside" who do you think is taking these kids? been going with my kids (and without) for 20 years. we all enjoy the magic and love it!

by LeadingOkra 1 week ago

Im 30. Got tickets for Disney this year with my mom, aunts, and adult sister over my birthday week. No kids in our group. Gonna have fun and live up every moment. Stay mad about it OP

by Objective_Fee 1 week ago

you're an adult and into Disney please step aside so all of the actual kids can experience the magic. Not everyone had the opportunity as a kid to go, so why shame them for going as an adult? Disney is for everyone. Adults going doesn't take away the experience for the kids.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Um, no, Disney is for everyone. People are allowed to have fun. How is their presence ruining your experience? Some people grew up with Disney and want to experience the magic once again, some people never been to Disney a want to see what it's like. And some people just have a bad day and want to go somewhere to have fun.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Misery begets misery, OP. Turn that frown upside down lol

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yea this isn't an unpopular opinion in SoCal. People hate on disney adults all the time around here. I worked there as a teenager so I have a little soft spot in my heart… but I'm not going to get Mickey Mouse tattooed on my ass by any means

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Going to go even more now and bring my adult friends with me.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yeah u showed them alright

by Rudyschumm 1 week ago

You when adults enjoy things: 😡😡😡😡

by ansleybuckridge 1 week ago

If you can't afford to take your kids to Disneyland, just say that. Nothing wrong with that if you can't, just don't make it everyone else's problem.

by ConsequenceCute7889 1 week ago

You realize "magic" aside, Disney park is a theme park right? Other than enjoying the magic you can also go enjoy the rides.

by ykohler 1 week ago

Maaaaaan, like, can people like stuff or?

by metzlexus 1 week ago

Sorry adults getting to spend their money on whatever they want instead of kids is upsetting.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I would love if grouchy bitches would stay home. Spare your kids the trauma of your sour mood eating the day away

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Disneyland exists because of adults. If Disney had to rely on only families with children to make money they would struggle, and would end up raising prices even more. Also, sorry to burst your bubble (although it sounds like you burst it yourself), but adults are allowed to have fun and not be miserable. Maybe try to enjoy life for once, you'll be a lot happier

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Someone took it personally

by john88 1 week ago

Someone is mad they're in accounting AND have lost their childlike joy of life

by Inevitable_Swim 1 week ago

You can't be serious, right? This is so outdated and dumb to think like that. It is my dream job to create cartoons for everyone to experience the magic. You aren't some boring adult the second you hit 18.

by Charming-Ear6835 1 week ago

"If you're an adult and into Disney please step aside so all of the actual kids can experience the magic." I really don't get what you're trying to say here? How does it forbid kids from experiencing it if adults are experiencing it?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

People who get upset for others simply enjoying things are the worst type of people. Life can be hard, god forbid someone spends their money and time on something they enjoy.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

No thank you. I mean, Disney isn't my thing but like, I'm not ruining it for kids if I like it. I'm just harmlessly having a good time. I'm surprised at your age you are not mature enough to be ok with adults enjoying animation, but I hope you can get over this hangup.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Remember - many people are not able to afford to even visit a Disneyland (or Disneyworld) until they're well into adulthood. Especially if they live overseas. They may have dreamed of that moment all their lives. So no, they shouldn't step aside for children. And even for those who live nearby - who are we to judge? Also, I hate this notion that we have to have this or that mindset, hobbies, interests, due to being a certain age. I'm turning 35 this year, and I recently got back into building lego, I love gaming. Being 35 doesn't change this, in fact, I probably enjoy these things more as an adult. Try live a little, okay?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

you also are my age and work in accounting As a fellow accountant: let me spend my moneybag how I choose to. That's why I put in the hours.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Why is it "one of the most annoying things" to you? You don't explain.

by bahringercaroli 1 week ago

I definitely disagree. Some adults never had a childhood, for one thing. If they didn't get to experience Disneyland in childhood, they should be able to in adulthood. Even if they had a great childhood, to each their own. Let them live and be happy. It's not just "for" kids. Life is short. Who cares what you deem socially acceptable? Not everyone thinks the way you do. You chose to have kids. You don't get the right to gatekeep Disney or anything else simply because of your decision. Everyone has their own worth and interests and has every right to live the way they want, as long as they're not hurting anybody

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Op ur jealous of seeing other people happy ? How we turn tables on you, what do you enjoy if someone questioned sure, you'll fume like a Lil girl

ew. I'd 100% rather hang out with so called "Disney adults" over people who complain about them. At least the Disney adult is less judgemental.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yes, indocrination into corporate media culture is exclusively for children. Teach children at a young age that all lessons and morals are to be learned from a corporation, not from parents or real-life experiences. Yes.....

by Anonymous 1 week ago

There's always been adults at Disney. Back in the 80s, when it was actually affordable to everyone, my parents went to Disneyland for several dates. They were in their 20s. Having adults there doesn't ruin anyone's fun, as long as everyone behaves themselves.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

im not obsessed with disney, i am an adult (18) all the way from australia whos dreamed my whole life of going to disneyland one day, so if my first time ever outside of australia is to america (which is likely) then you bet im going to disneyland. heck, im a thrill seeker whos never even been to a theme park in my entire life! my grandma took my mum there on holiday when she was around my age (maybe a little older) and had fun so i dont see the problem

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Walt Disney himself had a childlike spirit. This is why he created these animated films.

by AirlineExpert 1 week ago

You sound like a Disney villain haha Jokes aside, just let people be happy

by Nervous_Addendum5085 1 week ago

I'm an adult with five kids. We went to Disneyland last year. It is magic. Not just for kids, for adults too. And adults deserve to get magic in their lives.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I know right! After 21 everyone should be sad and depressed SMH Are you serious? Let people enjoy things in life!

by No-Vegetable7803 1 week ago

Yeah because it's the kids that can afford it. 🙄

by Future-Leopard-2200 1 week ago

I don't think there's anything wrong with going every once in a while if you live close by, or checking it out if you've never been, but I agree that I think it's weird when people are there ALL THE TIME. Like if it's the #1 most important thing to them.

by Few-Equivalent-8913 1 week ago

Im 36 and never had the chance to visit Disney. I'm not missing out when I can go because you feel it's inappropriate.

by New-Ask 1 week ago

Entitled parent: "step aside general public my offspring has arrived, oh you've waited in line for an hour? Well too bad! I shat out my little Timmy 4 years ago so back of the line with you peasant."

by Anonymous 1 week ago

People who gatekeep going to Disneyland are very special

by Ornery_Catch 1 week ago

here's an unpopular opinion: i wish there were childless days at disneyland. partly because of the children but moreso the moms

by wkrajcik 1 week ago

I'm curious what specifically it is that annoys you?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I'll never understand opinions like this. Grown people doing and enjoying something that has zero effect on your life. If you're not paying for the tickets or taking time out of your day to drive them to the park, then mind your own business.

by Apprehensive-Bed4220 1 week ago

Wow. Truly unpopular. Well done.

by Isaias16 1 week ago

You're upset because other people can have fun. It's designed for all ages.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Is this unpopular? I see people bitching about Disney adults constantly and it's usually parents who seem to be low-key upset that something isn't utilized exclusively by children.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

People have different things that make them happy. Why would you have a problem with people being happy?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You're mean

by Anonymous 1 week ago

This is not really unpopular, apparently everyone dislikes disney adults, but as I grow older I get more annoyed at gatekeepers like you than people who just enjoy what they want to enjoy tbh.

by One_Vacation 1 week ago

Actually Disney would be even more of a nightmare. Long lines that are 90% screaming children are bad for everyone. Get more adults in the park, and it's overall less chaotic

by Acrobatic-Studio1387 1 week ago

Even though I disagree with your opinion, this isn't an unpopular opinion for a lot of people for some dumb reason. Let people like what they want, it doesn't change your life in the slightest.

by Appropriate_Pin 1 week ago

Grrrr how dare people enjoy things grrrr

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm related to some serious Disney adults and I get you. It's not that they simply enjoy Disney. That's fine. That's not the issue. Disney Adults make it their entire personality. They are extremely obnoxious about it. Sure they can do whatever they want and rearrange their lives to live closer to the parks and talk only about that—but it IS annoying to be around and definitely makes the environment weird.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Disney adults are weird to me also. I'm not talking about adults enjoy the theme park. I'm 38 and never been, so believe if I go I'm gonna be like a kid at the park. AT THE PARK. The disney adults who act like that in general? Yeah, its weird to me.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

How does this affect you negatively? It just annoys you when people talk about their interests to each other? You are just annoyed by the crowds caused by adults going by themselves? Kinda weak complaints. Just don't be friends with them then

by Anonymous 1 week ago