+15 Natalie Portman is not a great actress, amirite?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Watch May December, Black Swam, V for Vendetta, Jackie and Leon the Professional

by Secret-Ad7000 1 week ago

She was SO good in May December.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

While not a showcase for her acting ability, Annihilation is a great movie. Seems like it went under the radar because few people I know have seen it but I liked it a lot. Made me read the books.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Okay I will check them out

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I love her in Cold Mountain.

by German85 1 week ago

She was amazing in Black Swan and No Strings Attached. She's over rated yes, but she's a good actress.

by olsonrosanna 1 week ago

Closer is also just bad in general. I had to analyze the play once and wanted to cry

by xwolff 1 week ago

Yeah sometimes good actors are just in a bad movie and you can tell by their performance.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Great In Leon

by Anonymous 1 week ago

She's acting as a stripper.

by gleichnerelmira 1 week ago

Yes but a stripper role is a role. You would want to bring not just a great body but also sex appeal to the role. And I didn't feel she has the sex appeal.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Maybe the director wants to select an actress who looks like a young woman uncomfortable and unsuitable with being a stripper. Not a Marilyn Monroe

by gleichnerelmira 1 week ago

Perhaps

by Anonymous 1 week ago

What is this vile madness. Natalie Portman was already killing it at like age twelve.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

V for Vendetta Annihilation May December

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I found her performance in V for vendetta kind of forgetful, honestly. Could you specify what you find captivating in particular?

by Yhudson 1 week ago

Annihilation was fantastic

by ylueilwitz 1 week ago

No. The point was that she would have had a lot of discipline to get her body to that level which is why what I wrote was a compliment. You took it as something that it wasn't which is your issue not mine.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Lol weak justification. Definitely still your issue.

by Consistent_Mix_7284 1 week ago

Clive+Jude were the stand outs here

by rgibson 1 week ago

I completely agree

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I liked her in Jackie (2016) portraying Jackie Kennedy, and V For Vendetta, but clearly there are better actresses than that but in Jackie (2016) she nailed the grief and single motherhood as the first lady. But in Thor: Love And Thunder (2022) there clearly was a lacking enthusiasm.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

She's a good actress. Ana De Armas & Gal Gadot are questionable.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I would not even call those two "actresses". They are there for eye candy, nothing more. Same goes for Amber Heard.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

A lot of strippers have zero sex appeal. If her character is written as whiny and low IQ its not her fault

by germanhackett 1 week ago

Perhaps. But things are made for viewers. An analogy would be like saying that there are plenty of strippers that are unattractive but they still use attractive actresses to portray strippers. So I feel an actress should also bring sex appeal here, unless the role is specifically designed to be a stripper without sex appeal and that's inherent to the story.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

lol you think shes a bad actress because you dont find her sexy in a role...what kinda dumb guy logic is that?

by Acrobatic-Feedback81 1 week ago

Do I look like a man on my profile? Bringing sex appeal is part of playing a role of a stripper. I will use another example, Jennifer Garner. What we see of her irl you would not think of her as having sex appeal but when she acted in films like Alias she really brought it.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

lol i dont look at profiles WTF? youre losing me in your own argument. alias was a tv show?

What does it matter if it was a tv show? It's called an example. Another example would be the poor choice of casting Michelle Williams to play Marilyn Monroe

by Anonymous 1 week ago

i just find it funny you see someone in 1 single movie and you think they are bad at acting. she won MULTIPLE awards for that role specifically but to each their own, even if that opinion is unpopular and just wrong

If you haven't watched V for Vendetta or Black Swan you shouldn't have a negative opinion on Natalie Portman. You at least have to watch them for your opinion to be valid IMO. If you still don't like her after that, then that's crazy but I respect your opinion because it has some basis.

by Zealousideal_Fail 1 week ago

Okay I will check them out.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Agreed. She is mediocre at best.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Very true

by ylueilwitz 1 week ago

How about using some more recent of her movies to say if she's good or bad? And not something 20 years old?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

She is cute. It's the only reason she is where she is. Humans are very simple.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

👍

by ylueilwitz 1 week ago

Yeah, that movie just sucks in general. She's good in literally any other movie though.

by pschulist 1 week ago

Black Swan… watch it

by rickey03 1 week ago

She was cute in Where the Heart Is😬

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Who cares? She's hot.

by Kesslerlewis 1 week ago

Very unpopular opinion. Those Star Wars movies tho… you right 😂

by Living_Comparison 1 week ago

EXACTLY

by ylueilwitz 1 week ago

I agree. A lot of big stars aren't actually good actresses… Meg Ryan and Jennifer Lawrence are another 2 who fall into that category

by Own_Data 1 week ago

Opinion disregarded since you dont understand that child actors become suicide victims or hugely successful based solely on how they handle the trauma as leverage or as depressive fuel.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Why should a viewer care about any of this? I'm here watching their performance, not their life.

by Yhudson 1 week ago

What are you on about?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I also wonder

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Facts? You think one of these children wasnt treated like a tube sock in the industry?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I actually am more confused now! Impressive

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Portman is certainly fake and her m.o. is to influence real women with these stupid roles

by Marleyratke 1 week ago

What is she trying to influence real women to do?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

A) she was a child when she started B) Looks have always been more important and always will be.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Very true.

by ylueilwitz 1 week ago

I am a simple organism. I see Natalie Portman, I clicc

by Anonymous 1 week ago

That was 20 years ago. What does she look like half naked now?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You should direct your complaints to George. He's not great at directing actors.

by Valuable-Cupcake 1 week ago

The first three Star Wars say different. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fischer?

by Alizaoconnell 1 week ago