+36 2019 to 2024 felt way faster than 2014 to 2019, amirite?

by No_Play_9187 1 week ago

The year 2020 felt so so long, and 2021's first few months were slow as well but since then time has flew by at the speed of light.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I feel exactly the same way -- it hasn't even slowed back down with the pandemic "ending"; it got even faster.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Contrarily the COVID times and isolations were the absolutely fastest to me. Next to no memory of a year or two there; it flew by so fast while everyone was at home.

by Rich-Foundation-5606 1 week ago

Basically 2020 and 2021 kinda felt like a fever dream which passed by like it never happened but at the same time did. So maybe that's why.

by qrenner 1 week ago

Yeah, those years felt weird and unreal.

by armando71 1 week ago

Time feels shorter as you get older. 5 years when you're 15-20 is a quarter of your life, 5 years from 20-25 is a fifth.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

After 60, must be riding the brakes to the inevitable end.

by NefariousnessBig8068 1 week ago

That is actually true. Life passes you by so fast it's incredible. It's overwhelming to think about

by CoffeeOk 1 week ago

And as you get older, the more you understand mortality, and the value of life, which makes it that much tougher to deal with.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

This isn't true tho.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

The numbers don't lie and the math is mathing.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

My bad, what he said is right, but his explanation isn't. Vsauce made a video on this

by Anonymous 1 week ago

They mean that your perception of time is relative to how long you've been alive. When you're 10 years old, a year feels like such a long time because it is 1/10th of your life. At 30, time seems to pass more quickly because a year is a much smaller percentage of total time lived. Life experience changes your perception of time.

by Jealous-Answer-5472 1 week ago

We got that. Thanks for the breakdown!

But that's not why

by Anonymous 1 week ago

So what is your opinion on why time seems to pass more quickly as you are older?

by Jealous-Answer-5472 1 week ago

I drink more now

by Anonymous 1 week ago

But what when raising kids for the first time?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Do you remember the first few months of raising your kid as just flown by

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Vsos

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Your parents shouldn't allow you to use the internet until you're olderā€¦

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Cute.

No idea who vsauce is but he's not the gospel of the brain

by ElectronicCollar7284 1 week ago

It definitely is, your childhood is nothing but feeling like an eternity waiting until your adulthood, and then adulthood is every once in a while "oh a decade has passed, I didn't notice".

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It very much is true. Your perception of time changes as you age.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

That's only correlation, and not the cause.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yep. Time's funny. And then you're in your 40s , being told that older people are uncool by someone in shrek crocs. They just don't understand we were their age, at music festivals, like cutting edge stuff that shaped today, but time happened.

by Lori90 1 week ago

40 is cool, tho, right? RIGHT?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

If you're doing it right and helping when you can homie

by Lori90 1 week ago

Now we talkin'

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Another fellow millennial!

by Weissnatnatasha 1 week ago

I remember Kony 2012, and then COVID. No, I was not in a coma, or perpetually wasted. I feel like it just ceased to exist.

by Low_Contribution 1 week ago

Hey now

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You're an all star

by Training-Explorer 1 week ago

We've all been catching back up and getting bent over by inflation in the meantime since a global pandemic. A lot happened between 2019 and 2024.

by Rafael11 1 week ago

The older you get, the faster time goes by

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Covid years were the longest years of my life.

by beulah60 1 week ago

You're getting older is all.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

The older you get, the faster time flies.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I also feel like everyone suddenly looks really old, including myself in the past 2 years.

by Temporary_Pay6111 1 week ago

100%. Couldn't agree more. & 14 to 19 felt so much better

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yeah, covid was hell. I miss the times before the pandemic had to start.

by armando71 1 week ago

That is aging for you.

by Spiritual-Cookie 1 week ago

This continues forever and only gets more horrifying the older you get. In the 90s, the 60s felt like centuries ago, and now the 90s are just as far back as the 60s were then.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Then there was hitler and Mussolini 30 years before that.zzz

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Each year of your life that passes is a smaller percentage of your total years lived, so it's normal to feel like years are going by faster as you get older

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Traumatising to even thing about šŸ« 

by Anonymous 1 week ago

because we know that the way we measure time is a concept we made up the theory that the fibonacci sequence is how time actually runs could explain why we feel that every year goes by quicker than the last

by Moorekirstin 1 week ago

It probably depends on how old you are.

by Unfair_Swim588 1 week ago

Its because you got older and the older you get, the shorter a year feels, because it takes less and less percentage of your entire lifespan

by Haven42 1 week ago

"Long days, short years" is how a friend of mine's grandfather put it. It keeps happening, time keeps speeding up, a year keeps getting shorter and shorter.

by Proper-Climate-8148 1 week ago

That's because we're all older now and time goes by faster the older you get. I miss when time moved more slowly when I was a little kid.

by armando71 1 week ago

It felt like instant and 10 years at the same time, versus 2014-19 feeling like forever.

by kassandra87 1 week ago

As you get older your brain gets better at compressing information, so time will feel faster and faster the older you get.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Agree. 2020-23 felt like a year to me at least. The first half is me being stuck at home and the second half is me finally getting outside, however with that very weird vibe to it that I can't really explain yet.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

That's because it is

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It's all because of the Covid

by heathcoteteagan 1 week ago

As you get older each year of your life is less of your total life and likely more repetitious too.

by FixEducational 1 week ago

This is just what happens as you age. the first five years of your life was %100 of your life, the last five years will likely be only 5% of your life.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Hint, time goes by faster the older you are

by Isaiaskeeling 1 week ago

Wow you experienced time as getting faster like every other human.

by Working-Key-3577 1 week ago

Yes that's how aging works

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I personally have been perpetually in a recovery state since the pandemic. A good portion of progress I had made in life was crushed in the mid part of 21, and since then time just disappeared in my plight to repair the damages. I'd imagine many people are in the same situation or worse which makes sense for the quick passage of time. Before the pandemic the general public wasn't in a constant state of fighting for survival which is why it probably felt slower.

by kundevicenta 1 week ago