+36 Microsoft teams is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, amirite?

by Bergstromgilber 1 week ago

Above all else though, it's an app for workplace collaboration and it does its job fine. If you find yourself complaining that much about a messaging app then you're either technologically challenged or just a person with nothing better to do than complain. Or you work remotely so small problems cascade. If I have a car that does something really annoying every hour or so, I would encounter it once in total every day, if I drove to the office, but 8 times if I had a cab. Same principle.

by National-Link 1 week ago

OP is showing their young age by saying Zoom reminds them of school lol. They probably never had to deal with Citrix, Webex, UberConference, and the like. Slack does messaging better than Teams ever will. Then they added the huddles, which have more stable 1on1 video calling. Seems like it could be the main app of choice once they figure out large scale video conferences. Teams just does it all worse.

by ConcentrateOk6434 1 week ago

I think Slack's Huddle backend is actually AWS Chime which was a dog but is a lot better now. But unfortunately people used it when it was a dog and won't go back now.

by Todcassin 1 week ago

My biggest issue with teams instead of Skype is I work for a defense contractor and can't use teams on my personal phone. With Skype I was able to call in or still access it with web ex app.

by malachi31 1 week ago

Thats a policy issue not a Teams issue. DoD is super strict for reasons,.

by Hairy_Program_3204 1 week ago

You shouldn't be using VOIP calls on your personal phone - Your IT

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Interesting, we can include a call in number or forward a link with external parties.

by Commercial-Steak-321 1 week ago

You need to change your view setting. Look it up or call your helpdesk.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

i would tell you the workaround on that but i think if you are not smart enough to figure it out, you don't deserve it.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Haha yep

by Aemard 1 week ago

Teams is definitely evil. But its a hell of a lot better than Webex and a LOT more secure than Zoom. It is trying to be too many things which will eventually ruin it.

Until they remove the activity monitor, or at least make going away WAY more lenient, then it's bad. I understand that managers need to know when we aren't doing our jobs, but goddamn these managers go on power trips and the moment you go away, they're on your ass. Bathroom break? "Hey where are you?" Cat puked everywhere? "Listen if you don't get back right now..." etc etc.

by larmstrong 1 week ago

I get your point, but why is it Teams' fault your manager is a stupid asshole?

by Swiftvilma 1 week ago

Teams is one of those applications that seems like a company reimplemented the tools people were using without ever thinking about what people were trying to do with those tools. It may be good at what it does but that doesn't mean it does what users want.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It doesn't see to work well if I need to switch between accounts, I prefer slack.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Microsoft is garbage when switching between tenants. Thats not a Teams issue, its an anything 365 issue and they seem to like it that way.

I have no issues with it and use it daily

by MineApprehensive 1 week ago

I hate it. It's so damn slow and unoptimized

by Opaldaugherty 1 week ago

If someone tells me they don't like Teams, my trust in their decision-making decreases.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

UeH. Teams is great and secure. People like zoom because it's easier to use I think. I dunno. I work for the government and would never use zoom at work

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I would agree with you here, I find I have much more frequent problems with Zoom. The only time I've ever really had Teams issues, all of the office products were not working at the same time and I can't really fault Teams alone for that. Like you said it does its job just fine, I'm not really understanding the people arguing against you.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I love Microsoft teams

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Most of the hate for Microsoft Office products in general is because don't have a clue how to actually use them and they refuse to take the time to do it, they'd rather just bitch about not knowing how to do their jobs.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Excel's be pretty deep. It got a lot better from when I originally learned, but that was on something like office XP or 2003... I can't really remember. My favorite is when people say Google's Sheets is comparable to Excel. Yeah, it is until it isn't.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I like it more than WebEx

by angelita96 1 week ago

I've never heard anything bad about teams

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It's one of those things where it either works or it doesn't. If you're lucky enough for it to just work, you won't hate it as much as someone who has dealt with plenty of issues with it. Survivorship bias or something

by Regular-Mulberry-683 1 week ago

Some things just should not have been invented. Nuclear bombs. Tictok. Pop up ads. The ability to call someone and look at their face. All this time we wondered if we could and forgot to ask if we should.

by Koeppmaude 1 week ago

it's all the same on the backend, your network quality that day probably matters more than which service you use

by Apprehensive-Body428 1 week ago

Zoom is better. Teams blows. Just switched to it. I hate it.

by ConfidentClassroom34 1 week ago

I think the hate for it is just the hate for work, which I get. As for the app itself, the most recent update sucked, I just reverted back to the previous version

by Savings-Change-5295 1 week ago

Honstley wouldn't have a massive issue with it if it didn't demand all resources and have the pc sound like a jet engine on take off

by watsicavickie 1 week ago

I beg to differ.. The application uses an UI design that doesn't share much in terms of conventions with any of the applications I use from day to day. The web-application doesn't work in any browser other than Chrome or Edge. That sucks, I prefer Firefox over those. I don't think it's okay I'm being forced to use chrome. The OSX and Linux apps froze quite often back when I used it. It wasn't my favorite app and if anyone asks me to use it I have to dissapoint them. I want install the app, another browser or create an MS account just to humor them.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

The ONE gripe I have with it is that it sets my status to "away" if I'm inactive for half a fkn second 😤

by Designer_Thanks 1 week ago

Zoom is vastly better.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Until I can move the menu bar when sharing my screen, teams will always be mid to low tier.

by Intrepid-Drop8687 1 week ago

Yes, I also like Teams. Used Slack before, but I like that Teams lets you work on documents right in its GUI. That's super convenient.

by Boylescot 1 week ago

People hate work, ergo they hate Teams

by Anonymous 1 week ago

at my previous job (big tech) we used Google Meet and it was very convenient. You don't even have to install any app. You start the browser and everything is there. Now I work at a small company and we have Teams. Compared to GoogleMeet it just sucks. It's not the worst, of course, but it's not great either.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

it's worse

by Anonymous 1 week ago

hahaha omg teams is ancient, everyone is onto zoom and discord omg, /s don't mock anyone

by mmante 1 week ago