+46 If you have a best friend, that's cool. But it's kinda dumb to tell other people they're your best friend when you're an adult, amirite?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You've recently just started hanging out with adults then. I'll introduce my best friend as "this is my best friend" because if I don't, after seeing us together, you'll think he's either my gay lover or my brother.

by hope78 1 week ago

Old broad so brazenly said leads me to believe we're probably closer in age than I originally assumed. I apologize. If my assumption is correct, too many times have my two brothers from other Mothers been confused as my partner. And while there is nothing wrong with it...growing up when I (we) did, it was "cool" if you were "best" friends, but "close" or "just a friend" would all but solidfy the "he/they're gay" attitude. Maybe it's an old dude thing considering we were raised by homophobes?

by hope78 1 week ago

Counterpoint: no it's great

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Nah. If you are my best friend, I am proud to let other people know.

by Littleprovidenc 1 week ago

When did y'all go exclusive? 😉 Hey you do you. You're not eroding your friendship in anyway but not "going public" about it. Also not signaling to other people their friendship is less important to you when there's really no reason to, even if it is But yes, I'm aware it's an unpopular opinion. I guess I'm mono in love and poly in friends.

by Anonymous 1 week ago