-28 As a man, I don't want to recive flowers, amirite?

by Fturcotte 1 week ago

It is selfish if she bought them "for him" but really only for herself. Which a lot of people tend to do tbh but nah, genuinely giving someone a gift is never selfish or low effort. Least a person can do is try to appreciate the gesture, It's not like they are intentionally buying something you dislike. Flowers are easy because most people generally like them unless they are allergic to them, and they are a expendable gift, so you are not really giving that much of a burden to anyone, they are nice for a few weeks and you trash them, no harm no foul

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You're right, I think people can at least appreciate the gesture of a thoughless gift. But in the case of flowers though, you're supposedly gifting it to someone you care about, so the bar should be a little bit higher

by alfonzolabadie 1 week ago

oh i assumed we were talking just random surprise gifts, yeah if we are talking birthdays or christmas etc, then yeah it is pretty low effort.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

same, i think flowers are kinda stupid and should be enjoyed in the wild momentarily and that's it

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Many years ago, on a whim, and being far from home, I sent my father a huge bouquet. He was absolutely surprised and utterly thrilled! He giggled a lot, that WW2 War Veteran. But he just LOVED them.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Ok

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Ya, when I want to get a bf something I'll bring home a nice steak instead.

by dubuquevirginia 1 week ago

Bait them 🤣

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Like I just get it for him, instead of flowers.

by dubuquevirginia 1 week ago

Thats nice though.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

😂🤣

by Anonymous 1 week ago

We get used to doing the right things without praise, man. This guy is on his mission of being disciplined.

by aurelialesch 1 week ago

Flowers not so much, but plants maybe.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Exactlyyy

by jaronbeatty 1 week ago

Yeah I don't care about flowers

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I cannot relate more. I mean i dont want your damn flowers, they die out anyway, if they're a symbol of something nice why don't you give me a lil indoor plant . Something that lives on, yk?

by jaronbeatty 1 week ago

Oh come on, this is a popular opinion. What next? As a man, I do want beer?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Why didn't u just not accept them…

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I mean obviously I did, I wasnt like "wtf whyd you get me flowers?" I said thank you etc etc

by Fturcotte 1 week ago

It's not about receiving flowers, but about the act of buying something nice for your partner to show that you acknowledge them. Lots of women are also not fond of flowers, but they are generally appreciative of the gesture. Or, they tell their partners to not buy any more flowers and to buy something that they will use or enjoy. I'm sure that a bunch of men do like receiving flowers, but their partners don't get it for them. This discussion about "men not getting flowers" is about them. If you don't like flowers then tell your partner to get you something that you will like.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You are right, which is why I said that he can tell his partner to get him stuff that he enjoys.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

So you're giving a man flowers, knowing he doesn't want them. But giving it so you can feel better about yourself and hope he feels grateful for this. Ok

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Of course, this didn't need the qualifier: "as a man". Yes, stereotypically, men would be the ones buying flowers for women, but are we not trying to move beyond sexist stereotypes? They're so regressive. What you mean is that you, personally, don't want to receive flowers, and that's absolutely fine, but it should be a personal thing and not at all predicated by your sex.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I mean, this is specifically in response to people saying "people never buy men flowers, how sad," so I think yes, the qualifier is important.

by Fturcotte 1 week ago

Sexism has a negative conotation related to sexual descrimination. Flower giving and receiving is a stereotype because it is a culture heavily influenced by gender, but it is not sexist. Men and women are different, and stamping any conversation about those differences as sexism is dangerous

by alfonzolabadie 1 week ago

You could have chosen to not always accept the flowers 🤷🏻‍♀️.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Disagree with this one l. Also, I think your ex is still into you

by Anonymous 1 week ago