+40 Norway is the best country in the world, amirite?

by Yjones 1 week ago

Ha thanks for the laugh 😆

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Singapore cant be it cause its boring af Maybe its fun when you have a ton of money but i guess you could have more fun elsewhere Its as if corporations had a country

by Material-Bowl3090 1 week ago

You can sure try :-) depending on your education you could be very attractive for employment here. Or marry a Norwegian. Coming as a refugee? Good luck getting into that line.

by Yjones 1 week ago

I was told that not letting refugees in is racist.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Let me clear that up for you : if you're a country that never accepted refugees or made 'ethnic homogeneity ' part of your 'culture ', then you're never racist. If, on the other hand, you're a country that accepted refugees or allows ethnic diversity, and ever have any problems associated with that or think about changing it, then you're racist. See?

by Armani47 1 week ago

No country is the best or worst in the world

by Agile-Sir 1 week ago

A country regularly ranked as one of the best places to live is considered the best country in the world? A very controversial opinion. How very brave of you. Let the rest of the world know what Norway is like when 100,000,000 people live there instead of 5 million.

by LittleInstance 1 week ago

Yeah, I rather hope not. As opposed to the 9 834 000 km2 belonging to USA, we have only 385 207 km2, most of it being mountain, islands, and forests :-)

by Yjones 1 week ago

Tiny nation gets wealthy because they find oil. Don't get cocky kid.

The impressive part is that they are actually stashing money away for the future, instead of blowing it like most oil producing countries.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

What are you even talking about lol

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Norway is wealthy because they have deep oil deposits and a small population It's not a great place to live because of salted fish and whale blubber

People aren't moving to norway as much as other nations because of these costs: Winters are atrocious, with only 6 hour days in the SOUTH and long polar nights in the North. Seasonal depression that far north is far worse than down south. Summers aren't much better, it is harder to sleep when it doesn't even get dark at all for 2-3 months of the year. Groceries and gas are expensive as shet Winters can reach -20°C in most areas of the country In areas with warmer winters, such as Berge, there can be as many as 200+ days of rain per year! People are too dumb to give up their gas guzzling cars for public transit

by Latter_Commission 1 week ago

"Nice to meet you, I have so much oil."

by Anonymous 1 week ago

At least this one gives reasons why Norway is the best.

by Temporary_Sundae 1 week ago

Inb4 my fellow Americans say "And guess who pays for your military"

by QuietClassroom 1 week ago

Yeah. I'd definitely love to go to America some day, maybe travel around for 1-2 years (a dream I can't afford), but I'd never dare go/stay there for any amount of time without health insurance. I just find it sad people have to die because they can't afford insulin, in "the world's best country". But there's definitely a lot of cool stuff like national parks and big cities I'd love to see :-)

by Yjones 1 week ago

Not much is colder than Norway. Just sayin'

by Temporary_Sundae 1 week ago

At least you explained why, that American one was cringe

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Boring, plain, no humor, good if you just enjoy being an individualistic healthy animal. For the human spirit... not so much. Source: I lived there for a couple of years

by Neither-Cherry-8412 1 week ago

If not the best, you compete with your buddies in the North :D

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Is education free as well? Especially college

by Lanky_Huckleberry210 1 week ago

As an Australian, I'd happily concede to pretty much any scandi country that their country is run significantly better. But I do love a good beach & proper surf

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Nah. Sounds like an Australian saying, "no way".

by Annual-Writing 1 week ago

What about the sami people? How is their treatment there?

by Previous_Function15 1 week ago

No mention of your weather I notice ;)

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Then why do a bunch of Norwegians travel across the border to Sweden for grocery shopping? 🤔

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Also they have zero national debt!!

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Volcanoes are a positive now?

by kdoyle 1 week ago

I suppose it depends where your house is in relation to the volcano but they're quite an awe inspiring sight.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Have you seen that documentary about the one off NZ that erupted while the tour groups were on it (Whakaari)? Not that I needed encouragement to stay away from volcanoes, but that sure sealed it for me.

by kdoyle 1 week ago

Yes I saw that. What a tragedy, poor people. I've been to Whakaari, it's an awesome place.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I can't think of a single Norwegian actor or musician I'd pay to see act/ perform. Also your weather sucks. Nor do you have any quality sports teams

by Outrageous_Skin9189 1 week ago

Obviously you don't like metal.....

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Lol

by Anonymous 1 week ago