+46 Hockey is by far the best sport, amirite?

by batznoemie 1 week ago

100% agree, ive been talking to my gf about it and it is 100% the most EXPENSIVE sport to get into. That doesnt mean it's not the most fun to watch casually tho!

by batznoemie 1 week ago

It's probably the hardest to watch. I have Ballys, Hulu with live tv, and ESPN+ which is needed to watch all the games

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Blackouts are especially the problem… i have to stream if i dont pay for cable

by batznoemie 1 week ago

I just went to my first hockey game a few weeks ago and it was pretty cool. Baseball is still the best for me.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Skate on a lake ?

by Fatimaharber 1 week ago

Tried that but I keep sinking and there are alligators in mine. Any tips?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Just from a viewer's perspective, hockey's really the only sport I could really get into. I don't really follow the politics of any sport, but so long as you have your team hockey it's a blast to watch. There's always something going on and it's impressive watching the players maneuver. Scoring happens so little that every goal is a blast to watch. Plus the players seem to be more humble and down to Earth than most other sports out there. Honestly I'd probably like soccer too if there was a bigger American scene in the sport.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

U wanna be friends?

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Agreed. It's also super fun to play

by maidasipes 1 week ago

I started at 30 and wish my parents had the money and geographic advantage to get me to play as a kid

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I guess my attention span is too short… but every other sport is boring af. Especially football.

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Have you ever watched MMA?

by Horror-Specific-1285 1 week ago

1v1 is different. It's not a team sport. I definitely messed up the title but yes mma is cool.

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Fair enough! Nothing on the telly gets me more excited than that at least

Obviously, it's a combination of the two most masculine sports there is! Field hockey and men's ice skating

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Lol, what are you talking about. Field hockey and figure skating are considered less masculine sports in North America.

by AdSea5836 1 week ago

He is being sarcastic bro… he dont like hockey lol

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Why? In India, field hockey is considered pretty masculine.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

That says more about India than hockey.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Why?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Sport is by far the best Hockey. Daniel here. Hi.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Can't disagree with this one

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Nah fk vegas lol.. im NYC but gimmie a team tbh and a league and ill watch. Best other sport not in America. Dope af

by batznoemie 1 week ago

The Penrith Panthers are currently like the KC Chiefs, Brisbane Broncos or Melbourne Storm are two successful clubs in areas you might actually want to visit one day Can check it out with Watch NRL, a streaming service. Or connect a vpn to an aus server and and go to 9Now to watch it for free In late May the first game in a 3 game series of NSW vs QLD will be on. It's a huge deal here and kind of the pinnacle of the sport, so if you only watch 1 game id watch that

by Cheap_Collection_201 1 week ago

I've been to a NRL game last month in Auckland and the average American/Canadian football fan can pick up what is going in really fast

by ayden35 1 week ago

Give me the details bro. Only other sport at least that I'd watch. People think football is manly and it is put to shame against rugby. I dont even care about manliess either, it's just what is fun to watch and what isn't…

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Australian League Football is EASILY the best sport. Hands down. It's Calvinball for adults, and it's wonderful.

by thielveda 1 week ago

I just wish there was team i could root for that i could show up for. I tried being a bayern munich fan but i just fell out of love because it's not my city!!

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Super agree. I'm also into kickboxing and MMA and it's my personal favorite but overall hockey is the better sport. Agree with your rugby opinion too and your entire assessment in general.

by bodeferne 1 week ago

lol usually these debates devolve into others saying one sport is better than the other without completely understanding the rest of them, truth is that each sport is fun and challenging in its own right, there is no "best" sport But yes hockey is fun to watch, just like all sports tbh. Fast paced, great contact sport, only thing is that the puck is hard to track when you are a first time watcher

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I agree but man… as a first time watcher.. the rules dont even matter. At most you are watching a commercial break. Every other sport drags it/pretentious…

by batznoemie 1 week ago

I regard football more similar to chess than any other professional sport because of that. American propaganda

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Yeah well it's an interesting sport for that reason, there is so much more than just what happens during a play that makes football exciting 🤷‍♂️ It's like chess with some of the most athletic people on the planet. Crazy stuff haha

by Anonymous 1 week ago

And some of the least athletic people too tho. Some football players have to be incredible. Others are just pilons that ate enough to hold people back.

by batznoemie 1 week ago

You don't even know what sport with ads are like until you watch Australian sports. Ad every time a point is scored in AFL and they score at nearly the same rate as basketball. Then you have 90 ads in an eight hour day of test cricket which we made a national drinking game out of guessing if it's a KFC or Bunnings ad. Don't even get me started on radio broadcasts dropping product names mid sentence to get their ad quotas in

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I like hockey but basketball is not boring. There is a ton of strategy occurring very quickly and it's pretty flashy.

by Hking 1 week ago

Maybe I am judging based on the "outside' perspective but i completely respect it over football/baseball. I just see a lot of controversy and players that dont really care

by batznoemie 1 week ago

The NBA regular season is too long but the playoffs are pretty good and March Madness in college basketball is an incredible tournament, a field of 64 where anything can happen.

by Hking 1 week ago

Tbh i dont follow anything college related because i know how much of an asshole i was in college. NBA playoffs are dope, no doubt but the constant scoring and how u have to be a super human to even compete bores me. I dont care about 7ft people competing. I wanna see the average and not have a sport dedicated to height. If height didnt matter as much I would watch.

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Finally an unpopular opinion!

by Cliffordhilll 1 week ago

Basketball is the most fun for me to watch casually. I get more invested in football tho and watch it way more

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Mma?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

1v1 isn't the "sports" im talking about. MMA is one of a kind. No one else goes 1v1

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Check out Aussie Rules. Fast paced, free flowing, very athletic, big hits

by Anonymous 1 week ago

My brother plays USAFL and while it looks fun, there was too much standing around on the backsides of plays. Hockey still keeps all players involved except maybe the other goalie if you are much better

by Anonymous 1 week ago

One of the most American opinions I've seen on here

by Anonymous 1 week ago

This is indeed an unpopular opinion in America. I saw a statistic that 10-20 percent of Americans follow hockey. Sounds like a lot, but it's over 50 percent for football. The football culture here. It starts in Highschool. We all go to the game, even the parents and random people in the town come. Hockey & Basketball are a bit smaller in comparison. Depending on where you are in America, most people get behind football. Not just the NFL, college football has the largest arenas in the world. The Super Bowl is the most watched sporting event every year. To not watch is seen as a stand offish hipstery thing. A Monday Night Football game gets the same amount of views as the Stanley Cup or NBA Finals.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I'd say canadian :)) but i saw what you did there anyway

by Fast-Cabinet2741 1 week ago

The most American opinion would be that American football was the best sport! Hockey is pretty huge in Canada, Finland, Czechia, Latvia, Slovakia, Russia, somewhat Sweden

European americans only care for baseball/football? Lol

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Bleeding red, white, and blue for the best sport there is. You've clearly got a baguette in your narrow space, eh?

by briannenikolaus 1 week ago

Your logic is kind of like saying that chess isn't as good as hungry hungry hippos, cause there's more action. I get it, but just a different, folks different folks sort of thing.

by AdSea5836 1 week ago

Personally I like strategic sports and analytical sports and hockey has some strategy obviously but not nearly as much as baseball and football. Soccer is boring. Basketball I used to enjoy but the "strategy" now is just chuck up 3 point shots all game and draw fouls. The playoffs for hockey is nuts. Complete chaos especially overtime games. You can boil any sport down to millionaires running around (or skating around) or whatever. But when you understand the nuances and strategy it becomes a lot better. I think people just like to see people running around at full speed and they like offense. Hockey does have constant action. It's fun to see hockey game live too. Tickets aren't outrageous and the atmosphere is always insane. Baseball is more of a family friendly laid back environment.

by Public_Drop_9507 1 week ago

That is fair. We are on the opposite spectrum but if that is what u like that's what you like… i prefer constant thinking rather than a pure bleed plan, especially when it is run but a bunch of old dudes. I like thinking in the moment and making a play rather than a ‘plan'. Of course hockey has set plays but it is much different

by batznoemie 1 week ago

I don't find myself watching football games or baseball games that don't include my team or fantasy baseball players. I love watching any hockey I can!

by Alexanne71 1 week ago

I will watch pretty much any game that is on too. If the Canucks were playing I'm glued to the TV. Apparently tv ratings for the playoffs are up 60% this year, so more people are taking notice of how fun it is to watch.

by Temporary_Agency 1 week ago

That WC2 spot in the east probably had a lot of people tuning in! Hockey is growing to other markets as well. Seattle and Vegas have to have something to say about ratings going up

by Alexanne71 1 week ago

I'm sure it will be! Haven't followed basketball since the Sonics left!

by Alexanne71 1 week ago

Better than arizona!! They at least have winter games!!

by batznoemie 1 week ago

/Laughs in MMA

by marcokeefe 1 week ago

Im a rangers fan so yeah man, that line brawl brought me back 10 years. Nothing like it man… bruins always a problem too! Hopng we have to face u instead of the panthers lol

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Some mfs never seen a game of sepak takraw and it shows.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Youre right. I have never even heard of it. Sounds like arabic league or legends. Is it assessable or are you being a contrarian?

by batznoemie 1 week ago

No, it's actually super sick. It's mostly played in south east asia but there are leagues globally. Imagine if volleyball and football had a baby and everyone was doing gnarly flip kicks on the court.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Im sorry but it is different being born with easier accessibility to puberty, and a 7ft tall super human. Hockey players just have to eat and workout right. Basketball players is the same w a genetic advantage.

by batznoemie 1 week ago

I agree with you 100% about hockey!! However, I find soccer boring like baseball.

by Donnie40 1 week ago

Gymnastics is the only sport I find truly enjoyable to watch

by leuschkebarton 1 week ago

Sokka-Haiku by Prior_Crazy_4990: Gymnastics is the Only sport I find truly Enjoyable to watch Remember that one time Sokka accidentally used an extra syllable in that Haiku Battle in Ba Sing Se? That was a Sokka Haiku and you just made one.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

This is probably an unpopular opinion for sure OP, but one I agree with. I'm from England btw and am somewhat biased against American sports, I find them rather dull (especially Baseball). I've been to an Ice Hockey game in Ottawa, and it was certainly the most entertaining out of the lot, so your assessment is fair. Rugby and Cricket for me all the way

by Sharp-Tadpole-9614 1 week ago

I watched it and it's alright. Then again, I'm at a point where I'll watch any sport on TV including the AKC agility competitions

by Mother_Selection8147 1 week ago

Fwiw, there is a televized American rugby league! They show some games on FS2 and I'm pretty sure you can watch them on the rugby network as well. The leagues still pretty young but it's there and could def use more viewers

by DoughnutMuted 1 week ago

Looks like an exciting sport but I never know where the puck is.

by Gkuphal 1 week ago

Mixed Martial Arts.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

OK Canada

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Hockey would be great if the puck weren't borderline invisible

by kristyblick 1 week ago

Hockey is so boring lol

by Michalewaters 1 week ago

I'm genuinely curious what makes you think that. I find it incredibly fast paced with skillful maneuvers and shots, and either team can turn the tide of a match within a matter of seconds.

by briannenikolaus 1 week ago

What an ice cold take

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I find the Super Bowl to be the least fun of all the games. It's the game where all the non-fans show up and pollute the entire thing, and all the ridiculous fanfare during the broadcast. Definitely not fun. Soccer second due to the skill involved? Ooooooo-kaaaaay. At least you put hockey before that, because they actually have numerous shots on goal during a game.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Football is arguably the most cerebral sport there is. Nobody spends more time watching film than football players

by Holly72 1 week ago

Yes, those lengthy, in-depth playbooks soccer teams have to memorize and execute to a T. Sheer calculus! One of those games most of us will never be able to play because of the absolute complexity. So much skill to get the final score to be 1-0.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

lol you should look more into soccer tactics, I used to share the same mentality as you, and now I realize I don't understand any of it The way the game fluctuates between countries/leagues/teams is also fascinating, they all play it so differently tactically

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Agreed. Lower leagues do have playoffs for promotion, english championship games played for promotion to the PL are always fun to watch for this reason

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I would watch Man U vs Man city playoffs. That would probably may even be better than hockey but that's not how they do it.. it would be such a benefit to play at least a 3 game series w/o the home/away advantage cause it is such a hindrance

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Actually tbh im drunk… what sport u talking about cause u said 1-0. I have animosity towards football fams because they are all corny

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Average American response

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Skill level of the best players is far higher in world football. So many play it.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

LOL bro… enjoy living in the midwest/south. They are possibly the most athletic(at least the wide receivers) but other than that bro…. Nah

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Not sure wide receivers play "world football"

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I like hockey second to watch. I like soccer first because I feel like it has a higher skill ceiling or at least more creative freedom in terms of how much control you can have of a soccer ball with your feet, compared to how much control you can have of a puck with your stick. Don't get me wrong, since hockey is also a free flowing game, it also has a lot of creative freedom and a multitude of ways to handle each situation on the field/ice, I just feel like soccer is moreso, because you can get more control of a ball with your feet than you can of a puck with your stick flying around on ice. Also, the vertical dimension is a much bigger part of the game in soccer than hockey, which again increases the creative freedom. The huge hits and the fights in the NHL are awesome though

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I like you

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Curling is the best sport. The intense shouting while a team member furiously sweeps the path for the stone is captivating. If only there was ice in the tropics.

by Own_Bus9125 1 week ago

I find it boring. I just don't follow it very much and it seems very repetitive. Outside the occasional super goal, lots of them are just chaos and throwing the stick around. I enjoy the fighting and athleticism but I find basketball way more interesting and exciting.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

My only problem with basketball is they have to be born so tall… it is a great game but it is so essential that u HAVE to be tall to be effective. That is why it is mid for me.

by batznoemie 1 week ago

The only worse athletes are baseball players, and it's close. Bunch of tradesmen skating around out there.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Baseball and football are essentially the same in terms of "athletes"… they barely run

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Football players are bigger, faster, and stronger

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Compared to baseball yes… but that isn't saying a lot. Baseball plays have good hand eye coordination and can throw it to who they want. There is barely any ‘team' play.

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Only ice hockey is played on skates with a puck . Hockey is played by people running around with a ball.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Literally nobody ever means field hockey. Nobody talks about field hockey. Hockey is played on ice.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Hockey isn't played on skates.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I agree, i am a man tho so i watch the one that i got into as a kid. I dont play any sports tho because i have a life where i make $$ lol

by batznoemie 1 week ago

MMA>>Hockey

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I get it but like guaranteed brain damage. Who enjoys that? MMA over everything except hockey. I will at least agree with that.

by batznoemie 1 week ago

I could be wrong but the CTE rate for hockey and MMA are pretty close. Boxing and football are the worse.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Ya but footballers do it to themselves. They get as big as possible, with littlw regard to "health". Tbh MMA and boxing is something i respect but never watched. 1v1 is a different kind of sport.

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Eh, MMA ain't for everyone. I grew up watching it, basically was a kid when I watched the first UFCs so I feel like it's my generations sport.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It is of course of the most "manly" sport… but idk i have trouble caring about an individual especially when they turn out to be Mcgregor or Maywether. In terms of entenrtainment im torn because idc about JUST the fighting. I want to see a sport other than who can knock the other dude out or push to a few rounds… i want to see a decisive victory and fighting can easily get 50/50

by batznoemie 1 week ago

No they have 30- 45 second shifts, rofl

by Hillsjavonte 1 week ago

Imagine the footballers 15 seconds shifts… LMAO

by batznoemie 1 week ago

U said "rofl" so if u think another sport takes more… let me know

by batznoemie 1 week ago

Do you know what rofl means? What sport " takes more" are you talking about? Takes more what? Lol

Hockey bro. "Roll of the floor laughing". Enjoy a bunch of 300 pound dudes bouuta die at 45.

by batznoemie 1 week ago

"Roll of the floor laughing" is wrong, been cross-checked a few too many times? lol- you definitely fit the toothless hockey fan mold. Best of luck with your sport that only Canadians appear to care about

Maybe im not chronically online like you. In my day that's what it meant… hockey players at least get dentures… football players think it is confidence

by batznoemie 1 week ago

ROFL = Roll on the floor laughing Where are you from? Lmao Lmao = laugh my ass off, fyi

by Anonymous 1 week ago

My bad. I didnt write "on" instead of "of" if only U had a head lol

by batznoemie 1 week ago

I have never seen a 0-0 game be so INTENSE bad take. basketball and soccer have much more intensity when neither team have scored in that time period

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I agree with soccer in important games but YES basketball at least in playoff is fun, but bro they are all super humans. Could you do that?! Maybe it's insecurity but if im not 7ft tall like wtf am i doing watching a bunch of lucky people that barely care? Basketball is all clout and hype.

by batznoemie 1 week ago

I don't really get this 7 foot take at all. Pretty much all professional athletes possess genetic or predetermined qualities that make it nearly impossible to be as good as them. I think basketball might be more genetically pre deterministic as compared to hockey, but to act as though the average person could be pro in either sport is crazy. Pro athletes are just different

by Anonymous 1 week ago