+22 Being average at many different things makes you highly above average, amirite?

by Daughertysally 1 week ago

Jack of all trades, master of none... Oftentimes better than the master of one.

by Zharber 1 week ago

People conveniently leave out the second half to support their argument

by bednarkenyon 1 week ago

People do this for everything. "Rome wasn't built in a day, but it burned in one." "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back." "It's physically impossible to Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. " Shrodinger's cat is an example of the sheer absurdity of quantum mechanics.

by Necessary-Paint9008 1 week ago

The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the woumb. Literally means the opposite of "blood is thicker than water"

by Franciscorolfso 1 week ago

Bonds in battle are stronger than genetics. It's quite literally the opposite.

by Necessary-Paint9008 1 week ago

I've heard that one is actually fake But an excellent upgrade

by dandre56 1 week ago

The customer is always right in matters of taste

by Anonymous 1 week ago

That's median, not average. There's this one Joe who knows everything about nuclear physics bringing the average up.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Median is a type of average, we just typically take averages using the mean, which is what you're referring to.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

The average person knows nothing about nuclear physics

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I feel like even the average would be incredibly low for this stat. Not 0, but pretty close. There's 8 billion people out there ya know.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Does this mean I'm above average since I've watched a video about it?

by Forward_Speed 1 week ago

No, being average at many different things makes you pretty average.

by shawn55 1 week ago

Exactly. If you were average at literally everything you would be, by definition, average.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Wouldn't someone who is perfectly average actually be average at everything?

by Glum-Catch 1 week ago

But not marketable. You get paid the big bucks for having a depth of knowledge in one specific thing, even if you're a moron in other areas.

by fritschmonique 1 week ago

The problem is everyone with specialty in their thing will just shoot you down coz you're average in their thing. They don't and won't appreciate your broad average knowledge in many things. Especially in professional working environments.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Just a small note on that. In high school I went to nationals for an Agricultural Mechanics competition. Weird story, not a farm guy, but I got looped into this thing and it was fun. At nationals I placed between 3rd and 10th place in each of the six events. Total positioning of the event total made me first place. Got a nice little $5k scholarship for it too 😂 not getting a single first place I managed to win first place haha

by Sufficient_Mark_931 1 week ago

That's awesome congrats! I have seen that happen because a lot of teams are carried by graduating seniors at state who then have to be replaced after they graduate. And sometimes your skills are just more well rounded than those around you! That's how something kinda similar happened to me, although I placed 16th out of like 120 kids. The worst part was that another guy joined me as a replacement, we barely studied, he got 32nd and the one original member placed like 60-70th which put us 25th as a team. Extemp was my jam so having an even that was like 75% talking wasn't too daunting.

by Kirlinalvera 1 week ago

Sad Nanami Hiromachi noises

by Anonymous 1 week ago

And it's awful.. I'm even better that most at a number of things. But I can't really use any if that to live.. You have to specialize so deeply to get a good career at this point. And I just can't get that engrossed in one hyper-specific thing that way...

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Being above average at half of things makes you average

by Ellensauer 1 week ago