+37 Women who wear non marriage rings on their ring finger when they are single are weird to me, amirite?

by Accomplished-Week796 1 week ago

Get married, have kids. This type of thinking seems harmless when you're young, but when you finally decide it might be time to have kids in your late 30s that ship has already sailed for a lot of women. It's really sad when it happens, but that's reality.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm over 50. Married to my high school sweetheart. Kids are grown. But not everyone wants to go down that path. I have plenty of friends who never married, had kids but never married, or married and never had kids - for the most part they live happy and fulfilling lives without doing whatever it was they didn't want to. I'd rather see someone in their 30's regret not having children than watch the ones who have them and regret it.

by Content-Reindeer7136 1 week ago

I'd rather see neither

by Anonymous 1 week ago

No, it isn't, I just didn't wear rings that frequently. But when I did, that's where they went. I am married now and do wear my wedding and engagement rings on that finger, but I didn't save my finger for those. I'm sure I also wore ring pops and vending machine rings on it when I was a kid.

by Content-Reindeer7136 1 week ago

They don't need an excuse. Who are you to suggest they do? You mind your fingers and they'll mind theirs.

by marieryan 1 week ago

I think you're reading too much into this. They probably just don't want a bunch of creeps hitting on them everywhere they go.

by Flo66 1 week ago

I'll give you one: it's the best finger it looks on and for those that are right handed, it doesn't get in the way. So actually there's two for ya.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Cause for concern would be like if you find a lump and go to the doctor for a cancer screening. Don't understand the timing thing but it's just a ring πŸ˜‚

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I think ur putting ur own insecurities/beliefs into other people. Sure u feel that way and no one is mad at u for it but why tf r u creating possible reason in ur head for why this might be the case? Even if this did happen to one person one time why r u generalizing? U sound kinda bitter "cause for concern" that they're not married??? Can u explain what it is we're talking about?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm curious too. Also wtf does OP think if it switches to the other ring finger because that's how they do in Orthodox Christianity? Mind blown 🀣

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Idk based on her other replies it sounds like she just wanted to get on here and be a bitch towards unmarried women.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

unsure whether to take it as a compliment or not but thanks anyway? πŸ˜…

by Anonymous 1 week ago

says the person assuming that women wear rings on their ring fingers to cover up their "unworthy" unmarried status.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Ur mad they just read u for absolute filth.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

What a weird thing to be upset about

by nyaveum 1 week ago

Nobody here believes that you are getting hit on.

by ChanceOk8998 1 week ago

You're a treat! Tell us more of your theories, but give me a minute to get some popcorn first.

by ChanceOk8998 1 week ago

I think what you've misunderstood about the ring finger being "universal custom" and means something significant. Is that no one cares.

by Gianni10 1 week ago

My right hand is slightly bigger than my left. There are rings that I have and like that only fit on my "ring finger". Sometimes I like to wear rings on every finger. But why on earth should I need to explain that in order not to be viewed as weird? Nothing weird about putting a ring I feel like wearing on the finger it fits. Very weird for me to be like "will this offend a married person who wants to gatekeep my own finger?" πŸ˜‚ I wore rings wherever and however I wanted before during and after my marriage FWIW. Not all of us define body parts or jewelry as only for the marrieds. This is very much a your body, your choice; their body, their choice issue. Literally all you have to do is worry about your own finger and nobody else's. Stick your rings up your butt, put them in a pumpkin, wear them on a chain around your neck, if it's not your body or your ring, why should anybody have an opinion about that?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You're weird for thinking it's weird

by No-Amoeba 1 week ago

Wait, you're saying there are grown-ass women that gossip about someone else's ring placement? That's weird af. Can honestly say I've never heard anyone talk about that before…

by Anonymous 1 week ago

"In almost every culture" is very far from true. I think just westernized Christian ones. I used to think this way about the ring finger but then I realized it was just a silly made up thing that people don't have to adhere to. In some cultures certain piercings or jewelry mean something just as sacrosanct as what you think the ring finger means, does that mean everyone in that culture should be bound to considering it the same way? It just means that norms and conventions are loosening and shifting across culture and through time.

by Elza49 1 week ago

It's more weird to care what fingers other people wear their rings on.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Im gonna switch my ring to my "wedding finger"

by Rough_Description873 1 week ago

Guys who are going to hit on me at work are going to hit on me at work anyway. I have no reason to value where that ring is placed if so many others won't respect the fact it's supposed to symbolize I'm married.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Its just a ring snd its just a finger

by WeirdAd9859 1 week ago

Dude is complaining about some kind of weird stolen valor for wearing a non wedding ring on their ring finger lmfao

by otoy 1 week ago

I'm committed to not marrying an idiot. Enough said. πŸ˜‚

by TapCute 1 week ago

Falls squarely under nunya. None of your business or concern.

by Haleybernie 1 week ago

Firstly, my finger my business. Secondly, not everyone cares about marriage or wants to get married. And thirdly, if I wear a ring on every finger except that one, it'd be weirder than you caring how people decorate their flesh covered skeletons.

by lula58 1 week ago

That is such an oddly specific opinion

by Williamsonpearl 1 week ago

Because it's comfortable and I like it. I've always worn rings on my RING FINGER regardless which hand its on. I hate when people tell me it's weird or bad luck. It's a finger ffs.

by Excellent_Button 1 week ago

I bet a lot of women wear rings to avoid people like OP.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Ok but aren't all the other ones? Why that one? Why is it almost always hostile? Yes. ... Why not? ... Because your question is weird and probably to many annoying. and have every defense in the book as to why. A reason is not a defense. Is this mostly a universal belief? No. usually if I know them well it feels like a white lie and they just want to look married because they're going through a season of unworthiness. First off - people aren't "in a season of unworthiness" while not married, wtf. Second - I can imagine they just want you to shut up about something so simple.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Not everyone wants to get married

by Adellwatsica 1 week ago

It would be a bit silly to decide that one of your fingers is off limits just because of the beliefs/customs of others.

by MediumRegular5222 1 week ago

I wear a semicolon ring on that finger. And I'm cool with being weird to you.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

lol, won't say I agree but I feel you. I feel the same way too sometimes

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Every single girl I've talked to who wore a ring on that finger has been crazy

by Anonymous 1 week ago

On reading that again it sounds weird. I meant every girl who is single that I've talked to, who wears a ring on that finger is crazy. They were all flaky and put on fake personalities in public

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I've heard the "ring finger" before but I didn't even know what it meant nor the apparent deep meaning behind it

by Anonymous 1 week ago

There's no deep meaning behind it for anybody who has a personality outside of being married

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Do you live under a rock?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It killed the appeal of eating out or having a nose ring?

by Anonymous 1 week ago