+34 Too many parents drive their kids too school, amirite?

by Suspicious_Door 1 week ago

Illegal. Really? lmao

by Luna67 1 week ago

This is such a reach bro😂

by sawaynasha 1 week ago

buses aren't very convenient for most people A lot of areas the climate does not give itself to letting your kids sit on a street corner for 10 minutes waiting for a bus when it's -15 outside a torrential downpour Finally, it's a free freaking country of people want to drive their kids. It's none of your business.

by Efficient-Slide 1 week ago

Hahahaha, passing a federal law is their answer to everything. Some fool came on here yesterday and said homework should be illegal.

by Shemarconnelly 1 week ago

Yeah that sounds about right. I don't like homework and assignments either but come on now.

by gleasontracy 1 week ago

My kids public school cut their transportation program due to lack of funding. We have no choice.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Wasn't a lady arrested for letting her kid walk half a mile hole instead of picking them up from a school? Seems to be going the opposite direction.

by Big_Interaction 1 week ago

Also child free, but I think that parents driving their children is mostly a response to the fear that their children will get snatched up by a kidnapper while waiting for the bus. This is mostly a boogeyman scenario, but it does occasionally happen. I can't fault parents for being protective. Also, school buses are Lord of the Flies style cesspools of child anarchy. The majority of bullying I received in school was on the bus, and I witnessed a lot of underage hanky-panky, consensual and not, on those buses. Some buses have an adult that monitor to keep things orderly, but most do not, and a single adult can't drive a commercial vehicle and watch 60 kids at once. I hate the stupid morning traffic, school zones, and dropoff traffic jams as much as you, but if I had kids, I would definitely be part of those problems.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Not a parent so STFU.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

"Buses lead to more congestion than cars driving directly to school." No. A full school bus seats like 50 passengers. You think 50 extra vehicles on the road is less congestion than 1 bus? If you just don't happen to get stuck behind that bus, it's not even an issue.

by Shemarconnelly 1 week ago