-42 You should legally have to produce your ID any time law enforcement asks. amirite?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Papers please, Comrade.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Just because it got a little messy in the past doesn't mean we can't make it work now right?..... Lol

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Because Real Fascism Has Never Been Tried.

by Aidenmcglynn 1 week ago

Literally the argument marxists say lol

by Anonymous 1 week ago

"Show me your ID " Bang bang Officer : he was reaching in his pocket I got nervous

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I like your username

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Plot twist, there was a gun in his pocket. I guess is this guy has never been in a stressful and deadly situation in his life. easy to judge others from your couch, buddy.

by Advanced_Week_4883 1 week ago

Plot twist again, the cop put the gun there.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Plot twist a third time he would of gotten away with it if it wasn't for the meddling kids and dumb dog

by Anonymous 1 week ago

wtf are you even arguing bro. A cop plants a gun for the guy to use on the cop? Lmfao

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You guys think that cops are just serial killers and want to shoot innocent people genuinely? Like a majority of them? I can't wrap my head around this line of thinking. I don't even believe that you believe that

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yeah, because the cops never shoot innocent people who aren't doing anything remotely threatening…

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Take a logic class.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yes!

by Anonymous 1 week ago

This reminds me of Long Island Audit, "I have the right to refuse to give my id unless you suspect me of commiting a crime"

by dspencer 1 week ago

Some people don't have IDs, despite having a legal right to be in the country. What would the brownshirts police do with them in your idealized scenario?

by Successful_Art 1 week ago

"It is not that much of an inconvenience" Doesn't matter.

by Miserable-Hornet 1 week ago

It shouldn't you're right

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Can I see your ID

by Anonymous 1 week ago

No, I legally don't have to in some cases and won't. Cops can kick rocks.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Unless somebody breaks in your house and you call 911, correct? then you'll call the cops. I'm sure.

So I can wait fifteen minutes for them to show up and shoot my dog? I have my own firearms, thank you

Not really.. only reason to call cops is for police report forms for insurance.. they don't care about your belongings.. they are not going to recover or even try and find the criminal.. nothing.. I just don't seen how Leo's add anything positive in this case.. your stuff is already gone.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

What, do they can come over and fill out a report?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Then you'll sit on the side of the road for 2 hours when it could have been 10 mins. To prove something to an officer that doesn't gaf.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

How's that boot taste, blueblood?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Don't get the reference

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm cool with when you get pulled over having to present your ID yes.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

That ain't what you said.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yes, it is. If that's not what you understood, then this is the only thing I meant.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Presenting your ID at any time, yes.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

"Anytime they ask" and "when you're pulled over" are two very different things.

by Key-Lifeguard 1 week ago

You should legally have to produce your ID any time law enforcement asks Right there in the title champ.

by Schusternoemi 1 week ago

So I go to jail because I'm walking around without it?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You already have to produce identification if you're pulled over. It is part of the privilege of driving. In Ohio that is the only time.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You are already required to show your drivers license when asked during a pullover - you are talking about it being a requirement any time a cop asks.

by RegisterClassic4813 1 week ago

Correct

by Anonymous 1 week ago

So what's the punishment when you don't have your ID because you just wanted to take a walk?

by MiserableRound6057 1 week ago

Not reading this

by Anonymous 1 week ago

no i won't, they will probably have already killed me considering im black.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Sure, I got all the time in the world. Because I don't gaf either.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm retired, where do I have to be in a hurry?

by Ok_Muffin 1 week ago

About your own time, that's fine with me lmfao. I'll take my 2 hours

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You're required to if you're driving.

by Lazy_Satisfaction 1 week ago

True but not as passenger.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

4th amendment nerd.

I know.. I'm aware you don't have to as of now. Nerd

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Are you that quick to give up your rights then? Just to feel safe?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Ben Franklin

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Not even to feel safe. Because it's more convenient to bend over and show papers for him.

This one, I guess.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Lol

by Anonymous 1 week ago

What if I don't have an ID in me? Suddenly it;s illegal to be without ID

by Anonymous 1 week ago

See the problem with that is, it's not an ID. It's a drivers license. You only need to actually have it with you when your driving.

by Busy_Brain669 1 week ago

Depends where you live. In the UK a driving licence counts as a form of ID.

by hectorwintheise 1 week ago

That's an ID

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It's also an ID. But I agree you don't have to show it all the time. But you do if you're driving

I don't believe that's true, I believe you need to be suspected of an offense, even if it's as minor as a traffic ticket.

It's true, if your not driving, you don't have to have it with you. Name, address, and social are more than enough to be compliant if your asked to identify yourself outside of your vehicle. Obviously unless you were just asked to step out of your vehicle.

They are going to identify you no problem if you are caught in a crime

Yah. Cus driving isn't a right it's a privilege

Don't understand why your going this direction based of what I said. Cuz I definitely didn't say anything like that.

Just adding to what you're saying

Prove you didn't rob a bank or else you're guilty.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

That's literally how it already is

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Can you show me someone who was charged with a bank robbery solely because they refused to prove their innocence?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

… wtf are you talking about lol

by Anonymous 1 week ago

No im not. Idk how you reached that far.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Exactly. So why not check them and make sure they're not doing anything it takes 10 mins.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

So any time a cop wants to harass and intimidate someone, they now have a reason? Someone filming them? Now they are being detained and have to identify. Five seconds later. Another detainment. Forced to identify. Every five seconds they have to identify to a cop or else they will be arrested. Leave for work the next day? Sorry. You are detained for half an hour while a cop identifies you. Three feet down the road. Another cop you have to identify

by Anonymous 1 week ago

No it isn't.

by RegisterClassic4813 1 week ago

Why? Why should I have to give ID to a cop if I've broken no laws?

by Fit_Mission_7993 1 week ago

But I'm not those things and treating me like I am infringes on my rights

by Fit_Mission_7993 1 week ago

So prove you're innocent of a kidnapping or else you're guilty of a kidnapping?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You a cop?

by Muted_Literature4563 1 week ago

Bc there is no downside and could catch bad people.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

So you're either a cop or a child then

by Muted_Literature4563 1 week ago

No, neither. Lol

by Anonymous 1 week ago

If the officer can articulate what crime I'm suspected of I'll be more than happy to identify myself. If not then I have no reason to identify as I'm not suspected of a crime.

by Puzzleheaded_War 1 week ago

this is the problim cops would take this one step farther walking down the street id, cop will go to a light and make every one id , there will be check points if you dont show the id they will shoot you?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

many countries... you do? my peruvian buddy doesn't even leave the house for a walk without his wallet

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

by Walterdubuque 1 week ago

Oh nooo i have to show my ID such opression, i wont recover from that one minute....

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Prove your innocence or else you're guilty.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

OPs idea essentially makes it illegal to not have your ID on you. If you're so myopic that can't see how that would be abused, I don't know what to tell you.

I remember my ID number which they can use and did in past when i forgot my ID. Then again i dont know how it is in USA.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

does safety have to be temporary?

by Conner72 1 week ago

I do not carry ID and I never will. We also do not even have government mandated ID in the US. If you want to require ID for ANYTHING, you have to first mandate that it exist and that it is provided free of charge.

by payton10 1 week ago

LeelooDallas Multipass

by Suspicious_Living 1 week ago

I see nothing wrong with it. If you don't wanna show your ID, you're either a Karen or a criminal.

Prove you're innocent or else you're guilty. How many innocence checks a day do you think citizens should have to go for? You're fine with cops installing cameras inside your house and doing random searches whenever they want?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

assuming that most cops are not corrupt, I also see nothing wrong.

by Conner72 1 week ago

Pretty sure you have to do this anyway in some places.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Not in the US.

Are you listening to yourself? Police have zero authority over innocent people. They cannot demand anything they want. That was the whole point behind the Bill of Rights.

I mean but my point is you DO have to. like if you don't it looks bad and you get punished for it. especially if you're being investigated for something

by Anonymous 1 week ago