-47 You may know if you have a bad memory, but you don't know if you have a good memory. amirite?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

If you don't understand why people can't seem to remember simple things, you have a good memory.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I don't mean like "pick up eggs at the grocery store." I mean events in your life.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Same answer, if you have an unusually good memory you will consistently find yourself referencing details of such things while your friends, family, partners whatever seem lost to it. Or you'll remember and act on things for them and feel alighted they're not doing similar foe you, stuff like that.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Okay fair point. I guess I should have said "perfect memory". My point is you don't know what you don't remember. Maybe a bunch of things happened with your friends, family, or partners that was unimportant to you, but important to them. They remember, you don't. You have no way of knowing for sure if that happened.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

This seems backwards. How would I know what I can't remember? But if I can recall lots of things, especially things others can't, then I know I have a goog memory.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

That's my point. You don't know if you don't remember something.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Then I can't know if I have a bad memory.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I see where you are going, but I think if you have a good memory you would remember everything, whether it mattered to you or not. But there may be something that happened that you don't remember because it was unimportant to you, but important to someone you were with. They remember, you don't. Does that mean you have a good memory in general, or a good memory when it is important to you? You don't know.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm perfectly aware of the fact that I am great at remembering conversations that date back to years, details, names, faces, things I've read once that don't really matter...I think one can know if they have a good memory. Also, others tend to tell you!

by Subject_Setting1946 1 week ago

What about the things that others haven't told you because they know it's unimportant to you? Or maybe they have told you and you don't remember, because it's unimportant to you?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yes you do when you can remember the name of someone's dog ten years after your first and only conversation with them, while others around you can't remember basic facts.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Okay, but how do you know you don't remember talking to someone else's dog?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Lol, no I mean like memories from years ago, or maybe even yesterday.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

But if your memory is bad enough you may believe you have a good memory.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I completely agree. I think we are making basically the point lol.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I truly don't know what happened, mine used to be so much better than it is now. Hell, there was a time when I could recall dreams, and not the lucid kind, with great detail. Nowadays, I can't even remember the names of 96% of the people I "work" with

by Stunning_Taste4092 1 week ago

There are ways to know if you have good memory.

by Anonymous 1 week ago