-30 Stupid people think facts are propaganda. amirite?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Don't leave out the ENTIRE OTHER HALF mate... they think their propaganda is factual or "better". Lmao Worse yet, they're starting to get important offices.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

2024 - When Opinions are considered Facts

by Anonymous 1 week ago

and facts are considered opinions! like, Joe, we can't agree to disagree on the shape of the earth...

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yeah! The earth is clearly a dodecahedron, and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Bro still believes the earth is real and not a simulation, smh can't even

by Maciebaumbach 1 week ago

Earth is bowl shaped, that's how the water stays in

by lroberts 1 week ago

Stupid people think facts are propaganda. Stupid people think propaganda is fact. Unfortunately though, a lot of smart people think they're too smart to be fooled by propaganda and don't realise they are falling for it. Turns out, it's very hard to tell stupid and smart people apart when it comes to propaganda, which is why it's so effective.

by Desmond96 1 week ago

As a note, propaganda is not inherently false or misleading. It is simply information presented in a way as to sway opinions. True information can be used as propaganda.

by dorcastremblay 1 week ago

This. So many folks think that it is only propaganda if it is untrue.

by Wilkinsonashton 1 week ago

It is difficult to tell whether smart believe actually believe favorable propaganda, or whether they simply disseminate it because it serves their purposes. In many cases they are the ones creating the propaganda to begin with.

Yes, information warfare is twisting people.

by hymanrice 1 week ago

You can easily present "facts" in misleading ways. For example: "everyone who drinks water dies" is a fact that is very misleading without proper context.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Bias is not a word that describes what you responded to at all. You might want to look up a definition.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

That's 1,3 million deaths, that could have possibly been avoided. I don't think Putin even had an army that large to send to Ukraine. Blessing in disguise perhaps, Trumps supporters are all just a bunch of lemmings?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Dawg what in gods green earth does that have to do with drinking water?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It's about what you read and see, statistics and such. You don't think 1.3million people dying in the US from covid has anything to do with all those that were told it was a hoax and not to wear a mask? or the fact most of them were from red states? 'Covid-19 deaths in US worse than World War I, II, Vietnam, 9/11 combined' .. how's that? Americans killed more of themselves through stupidity than all wars combined. I'm pro vaccine for what it's worth. Most of you wouldn't be alive at all today if it wasn't for those vaccines, go talk to your grandparents or whoever was alive back then before those existed.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that this rant kind of came out of left field

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It's not really misleading though. It's just a fact.

by BodybuilderNo 1 week ago

It is misleading as it infers that drinking water caused their deaths.

by Randallwalker 1 week ago

Misleading indicates untrue. This is not misleading. It doesn't infer that either, people with poor reading comprehension could come to that conclusion

Definition of misleading - "giving the wrong idea or impression." We are working with different definitions then Things are misleading and true all the time, it's pretty much how the majority of political media communicates

by Randallwalker 1 week ago

Expect a future visit from Fry your best self.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Facts can be manipulated for propaganda.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Stupid people think they can tell facts from propaganda with 100% certainty.

by Competitive_Roof 1 week ago

And propaganda are facts

by elwinreichel 1 week ago

True.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Depending on context, almost anything can be propaganda. Thinking something isn't strictly because it is factual when presented in an inflammatory context is also pretty stupid

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Don't forget the morons who believe that propaganda is truth.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

The most common form of propaganda is selective reporting of facts. Implication and connotation can also distort the whole truth. Assuming that one fact tells anything but the simplest truth is falling for it just as badly. It's the whole "dihydrogen monoxide kills" concept.

by Ok_Bid6362 1 week ago

I heard that all pesticides contain grace amounts of that dihydrogen monoxide, so be careful of that chemical.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It's the whole "dihydrogen monoxide kills" concept. That's true though. I mean, it literally erodes rock, and causes rust but yet they put it in basically everything we consume.

by chasekertzmann 1 week ago

Because people think it would be used in a bad way (politicians removing criticizing tv stations)

by Anonymous 1 week ago

And yet it puts guns in peoples hands every day who listen to the likes of alex jones who shoot up schools and theyre happy with that. -5 and counting

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You sound like a very naive person. If you can't see how allowing the government to ban whatever they think is "propaganda" would be a bad idea, you can't see much.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I see free speech often being thrown about loosely in the US, the 1st amendment is it? Over here, we differentiate between free speech, and common sense. Most people know the difference.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

The problem who decides which is which? one government parties idea of common sense is different than the others party. And it's often common sense to ban propaganda the opposition puts out while simultaneously pushing out your own propaganda.

by RelevantFoot 1 week ago

Not everybody can have the freedom that they personally want. The world doesn't revolve around you. We do the best we can with the enormous amount of different people who want different types of freedoms.

by No_Veterinarian_6631 1 week ago

Masks save lives. Trump developed a covid vaccine and then railed against it despite taking it himself. Biden won the election. South Dakota and Montana accepted infrastructure funds despite attempting to overthrow the 2020 election. Are you getting angry with all these facts, yet?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Trump did not develop a Covid vaccine. He fast tracked approval of them and agreed to use taxpayer money to fund them, but he didn't develop them.

by Optimal_Ad 1 week ago

Facts can be propaganda, in fact most of it is I'd say.

by InvestmentUnique7834 1 week ago

Better to think facts is propaganda than to think propaganda is facts

by Anonymous 1 week ago

so you prefer ignorance is bliss?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Stupid people think that propaganda is fact as well. As a result, everyone that believes [insert controversial opinion here] is stupid. Since I could never allow my ego to be bruised from considering the possibility I could be wrong, the only possibility is that other people are wrong, and therefore stupid. Due to the large number of stupid people, I have preemptively written this spoiler to clarify I was being sarcastic.

by Ok_Bend7910 1 week ago

That's just a testament to the success of real propaganda, unfortunately

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I do think it's the opposite though. Stupid people think propaganda are facts.

True. Ask anyone with Asian parents.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Last battle for europa

by Honest-Tale 1 week ago

Something can be a fact and propaganda at the same time. That's not a contradiction.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

The inverse is also true.

by kfeest 1 week ago

They also think propaganda is fact. Stupid people are basically walking, talking embodiments of confirmation bias.

Stupid people see a profile picture and an account name and decide it's equivalent to a real person

by Immediate_Garden7321 1 week ago

That's because facts have a well known liberal bias.

by General-Squash-4943 1 week ago

And propaganda is facts.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Propaganda can be a fact just use a Statistic and make a connection to something that has nothing to do with said Statistic

by Kprice 1 week ago

Stupid All people think propaganda is facts (no one is immune)

by Gutkowskiemelie 1 week ago

You can say that again

by ExactPayment2174 1 week ago

Propaganda is relative.

by Kitchen_Rub8700 1 week ago

Stupid people dont think, smart people think for them. Stupid == easy to manipulate.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

And propaganda are facts.

by SuccessfulSide8182 1 week ago

This explains the MAGA cult

by Anonymous 1 week ago

So true …. Donald is a prime example…. Stupid is as stupid does

by ScientistResident423 1 week ago

Those are known as alternative facts according to MAGA.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Stupid is as stupid does

Thanks Donald 🖕

The only 100% facts you know are from your own personal experiences. If you've never been to Egypt and seen the great pyramids with your own eyes then you can only 'believe' they exist and not 'know' they exist, regardless of testimony from others and pictures/videos you may have seen. Just because something is highly likely to be true doesn't necessarily mean it is and if something is highly likely to be untrue doesn't mean it is either. Most of the objective facts we all share are just beliefs that we have chosen and labelled as facts.

by cpowlowski 1 week ago

This is false on its face. I can only assume that you failed high school.

by Anonymous 1 week ago