+57 5 hour shifts are better than 6 hour shifts, amirite?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Last time I worked that short of a shift I was a freshman in HS. You're def either in HS, living with your parents, rich af, or all of the above.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Im guessing you dont have a second job? Those shifts usually range from 3-5 hours and thats usually after a 8 hour shift at a main job.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I work 48 hours a week at my job. I have no time for a 2nd one. Although yes they could be working a 2nd job and I definitely jumped the gun on being an asshole about the whole deal

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Four 10 hour shifts are best. 3 day weekends 🤙

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I do 4 12s and have 4 days off. Obviously the days in suck, but the days off are nice haha. off half the days every year

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yeah best swing for work life balance. Get a long weekend ever break to actually do stuff with

by warren07 1 week ago

8 day week? So your schedule isnt the same week to week?

by Dickimattie 1 week ago

I want this. I'm usually fine after 8 hours and could do more.

by Gregoria93 1 week ago

Yup....I would do 3 13.333333's and 4 day weekends if they would let me

by Pagacfrancis 1 week ago

I do this and I hate it lmaoooo

by Anonymous 1 week ago

How about five ten hour shifts 👀

by No_Plant 1 week ago

Yep, 4 10s is titties

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I've worked three 12 hour shifts one week and four the next for many years. So always 3 or 4 day weekends. Fours 10s would be ok. Five 8 hour shifts would stink.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Absolutely. The difference between 8 and 10 is hardly noticeable once you get used to it but the extra day is always nice. Plus it gives you a week day to do things you need to and everything is open normal hours.

by SavingsSomewhere 1 week ago

I used to love working 4 10s. Now I can't do it because of my husband but that was the absolute best shift back then.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Bruh where do you work that normally gives people 5 or 6 hour shifts lol. That's like HS part time stuff.

by Next_Pangolin9673 1 week ago

Retail

by Anonymous 1 week ago

exactly

by jarenwill 1 week ago

That's insane

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Oh ya.. 12 hours no break.. lol

by bartonraegan 1 week ago

Yeah ... that's a no from me dawg.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I would say 4 hour shifts are better than 5 hour shifts

by Suitable-Welcome 1 week ago

I hate wasting my time having to get ready for work but I can't deny 4 hour shifts feel good. They're over in a goddamn instant. I always felt like I just got there.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

But with 6 hours, the half hour lunch break is unpaid so you only get paid for 5.5 of the hours so you're literally just wasting half an hour of your life in the break room just to work another half hour. Also, 5.5 x 7 = 38.5 so not much difference.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Probably depends on location but in my experience there's always been a 15 minute break for a 5 hour shift, so it's not working for 5 hours straight. It's enough time for a snack, and they're not unpaid.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Idk about your job but if I take my unpaid lunch I have to work the extra half hour to make up the time so if I work 8 hrs with a half hour unpaid I really am there for 8.5 hrs

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Right but what's being said is the length of shift hardly matters when you aren't even working full time hours lol like how you gonna complain about your shift length when you don't even work the regular number of hours in a week regardless lol

by lonny53 1 week ago

People who think everyone lives in a major city paying 5k for a 1 bedroom dorm is hilarious. Nah mate not everyone needs to work full time to survive. Some of us prefer enjoying life. Wish I was rich though.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

That definitely depends on the country and your life style. Unless kids come into the picture, I could personally live comfortably with a 35 hour week with our current "minimum" wage, around $20/h.

by bonnieconsidine 1 week ago

The less you have to work with the most pay is what's best. Why should "investors" get the lions share of the profit? If it wasn't for that we'd all be working 20 hours weeks and making the same wages.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

? work is painful, the less we have the better. 16 hours would be ideal, if we have to work. 30 is the upper limit, 2-3 days. even 4 days is a bit much, 5 days terrible, even more, unbearable.

by jarenwill 1 week ago

I loved my 5 hour shifts at my old job. I got a 15 minute paid break for working that 5 hours. I'm desperately trying to go back to that job.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

If your boss is cool, they may let you take your break at the end of your shift instead of in the middle. Then you just leave 30 minutes earlier than normal and get paid for it. Either way it's the same amount of hours working. I had a few bosses that were cool with it.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

This is true and my boss does not seem to understand my preference. A break is too much fuss to be worth the stress but I also can't not have a break because I need dinner during work. But if I'm let out an hour earlier I can just go buy it somewhere else

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Oh I'll take either of those rather than the 7 to 4:30 I'll be doing tomorrow, plus 200 mile drive

by estroman 1 week ago

I don't get paid by the hour. That's not the standard for my country. I get paid to work from 8 to 6 with 2 hour paid break. It's better to be paid by the hour, do you guys think?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

5 hour shifts are what is called 'part time', and are usually done by those needing a suplimental income or holding down a seperate job. In most of the western world, 5 hour shifts are a luxury or an crushing necessity, not an option for a primary income.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I prefer just having a full time job. I don't get specified breaks, though. My "breaks" happen when I get a chance. Sometimes almost my entire is a break and other times I'm running balls to the wall the whole time.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

How the hell is "working less is better" an unpopular opinion?

by hadleyluettgen 1 week ago

We don't need to work that much anyway, our overproduction is destroying us and the world.

by AcanthaceaeSure2535 1 week ago

Except then how to acquire resources?

by Gavinmante 1 week ago

We already have enough resources to provide everybody on earth a decent living.

Yeah but a lot of people with most of the resources dont want to give those resources away.

by Gavinmante 1 week ago

That's precisely the problem. So take the resources from them.

No thank you.

by Gavinmante 1 week ago

Imagine working part time.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Somebody works at Walmart lol

by Dense_Breakfast_7599 1 week ago

So? It's better than nothing.

by Madisyn64 1 week ago

Not judging you. I did two years there and it's the only place I've ever worked where this became a problem. Most places just do a four hour shift or an eight hour shift.

by Dense_Breakfast_7599 1 week ago

It's cool. Just the downside to communicating via text.

by Madisyn64 1 week ago