+31 Eminem today is extremely cringe. amirite?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Damn you started at Recovery? His first 2 albums came out when i was in high school. He was a breath of fresh air for rap at the time. Nothing cringe about it but he def got cringey the less drugs he was on and the older he got.

by sean38 1 week ago

Right the slim shady LP is my favorite album and it's not even close lyrically it's insane

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I don't get people saying Eminem used to be cringe too but you are entitled to feel that way. But there an obvious difference in current eminem and old eminem and I think we know what OP means by cringe. This brand of cringe Em absolutely did not have back in the day.

by ParfaitMaterial2004 1 week ago

He hit himself with the biggest disses before others did. It was weirdly groundbreaking for the time. It was all the, "I'm trash so why am I better than you?" in his songs that actually got me to like him. In a strange way I feel like it was a huge drive for other artists to actually try to do better.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I remember back around 2000 when Real Slim Shady blew up. Everybody at my elementary school was talking about it and I wanted to hear the song, but didn't want to buy the album. What we'd do is buy blank cassette tapes and literally just turn on the radio and press record. Eventually, they'd play the song you wanted lol. I kind of wonder if everybody else did that too.

by Old_Stop 1 week ago

To answer your last question, yeah we did. Once my phone had a voice recorder on it, I'd use that to record songs too.

by Donnell16 1 week ago

To truly "get it" you had to be there when Eminem set the world on fire, younger people can go back and listen to it but its devoid without living in the moment you just don't have the full context and understanding of why he was such a big deal.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

When relapse came out, I assumed he was washed up and done, especially because I really didn't like that album, I'm shocked he's still so huge.

by alvis96 1 week ago

That's an awfully hot coffee pot

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Lmao you've got way too napkins

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I say this as someone who like Eminem, but he's always been cringe

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Thank you for saying it. He's a skilled rapper but, his music in general has always been slightly cringe.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

That's kinda his whole schtick. He's a dweeby white guy who has corny lyrics but he's also a talented rapper

by Anonymous 1 week ago

He's never struck me as dweeby. Em in his prime was unironically cool. He was just cool in a way that absolutely cannot follow you into old age, and to see him try to hang onto it now is sad.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Honestly, I think the version of him you see now isn't a dude clinging to anything, that's just him, older. Now. It certainly isn't cool by any measure, but he's definitely not trying to be anything other than what he is now ... And this leads to occasional cringe fests. Because any sincere older person who once has intense youthful swag is likely gonna be a bit cringe while being authentic. Oh well

by Anonymous 1 week ago

yeah it is he's had his time in the lime light now he should just retire and enjoy his money

by nbosco 1 week ago

lmao fr

by nbosco 1 week ago

That's what I'm saying. Em was never a dweeb like did I miss sum πŸ˜‚

by Critical-Class 1 week ago

i wouldn't call him dweeby

by nbosco 1 week ago

Bro eminem is not the dweeby white guy rapper. That title is MC Paul Barmans. None are dweebier.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Probably all the valium helped tbh

by Big_Push_3415 1 week ago

It's like System Of A Down where they're cringe but it doesn't take away from how good their music is lol

by Educational-Farm8648 1 week ago

Man I love SOAD and I love Eminem. If that's cringe I'm okay with that.

by One-Green5363 1 week ago

I don't see how they're cringe, aside from maybe 3 or 4 purposely goofy tracks.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

THATS AN AWFULLY HOT COFFEE POT.

by Terrible_Primary 1 week ago

He used to be the lead singer of the greatest boy band in the world

by Anonymous 1 week ago

just curious as to who you consider to be a great rapper of today?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Rap in general has fallen off imo, it hasn't really been cool since the early 2010s or so

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Lloyd Banks is criminally underrated.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Agree. Joyner and Cordae especially are underrated. Mike Dimes and JID have solid albums IMO. Selfishly hoping Tyler the Creator forgets his last album ever happened and makes something else that's not close to whatever Igor was.

by Candelario50 1 week ago

Not the OP, but the greatest rapper of the day is MF doom. He is neither in the cringe Eminem camp nor in the mumble rap camp which has a very niche audience. He has got flow like biggie and an original twist on the stories he tells.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

All caps

by Anonymous 1 week ago

WAS. The Greatest rapper of the day WAS MF Doom.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

When you spell

by Anonymous 1 week ago

mf doom is dead, man. smh. rip.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

The man's name

by Anonymous 1 week ago

MF DOOM***

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Most rap is cringe honestly

by Anonymous 1 week ago

"I don't like rap but like Eminem - that's why he's the GOAT"

by Anonymous 1 week ago

kendrick lamar is a great example

by nbosco 1 week ago

How?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

oh my fault i should have specified what i was referring too πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ no worries

by nbosco 1 week ago

even his diss tracks was taken to a different level in my opinion bro made ballads

by nbosco 1 week ago

and those deep lyrics/songs follow the exact same formula every time too lol

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You all need to listen to more Lupe Fiasco

by Anonymous 1 week ago

uneducated take

by Dixieroob 1 week ago

Name most rappers

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It's not the rappers per se it's just rap in general

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I think on average most things are cringe at least in the main stream. There are countless amounts of talent in underground scenes throughout music.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Spiritual, lyrical, miracle, in your swimming pool

by Swaniawskigregg 1 week ago

I'm curious what you listen to now if Eminem is cringe to you now

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Why are you saying this as if any artist other than Em is automatically cringe and it can't be possible for somebody to think Em himself is so?

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Lol if your first album heard was recovery you ain't even a rap fan so it's no love lost πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­βœŒοΈ

by Anonymous 1 week ago

This is dumb lol. It was the album that introduced me to rap. Didn't say the album was a classic. I began listening to rap after that album. I've listened to everything from the 80s clear up to the present. My second album was Good Kid maad city. My dad gave me his Coolio Gangstas Paradise album. I probably know more about rap than you bruh Acting like Recovery is the only rap album I've ever heard lmao

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Everything after encore sucks. But I love encore enough that I don't need anything more from him.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I agree I think most of his music is pretty cringe

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Absolutely nothing cringe about his last song with Juice WRLD. That was peak Eminem

Freezing cold take

by Fragrant_Bad 1 week ago

His first music was the best and changed my life.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It's like he's not the same person?

by klingchandler 1 week ago

You writing this from his restaurant Moms spaghetti or what? 🀌🀌🀌

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Not unpopular

by Due-Put8632 1 week ago

nah nah nah na

by franciscoparisi 1 week ago

Go listen to rain man

by Ffahey 1 week ago

The industry has always treated Eminem with kid gloves. So yeah, he can get away with heavy doses of cringe. Other rappers will say he's "skilled" because he sells and they want to sell, but ultimately, his lyrics just aren't that great.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Man has always been corny and cringey u just dont like it anymore

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Lmaoo recovery was your first album you heard from him?! Too young to have a valid opinion

by Born-Swing3408 1 week ago

... always has...

by Big-Register-1380 1 week ago

There's a growing culture among creatives where the art is deliberately designed to cater to a dumb crowd. Maybe he's doing that.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

He's got plenty of good songs but the older I get the more the Slim Shady stuff seems cringy and I don't see how most of it ever had replay value. Sure it was clever but it all just seems like a one time deal. Nowadays it seems like he's just beating a dead horse and he should've retired after MMLP2.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

First three albums + Eight Mile soundtrack are pretty much untouchable. After that? That Godzilla song is cool.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Also, rap god is an awful song. Its the yngwie malmsteen of rap.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

On occasion he can make good songs and great verses. Good albums? Idk if this next album flops on quality it might be time to retire.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Word. Same as it ever was.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

It's because he's a sell out now. Just another puppet jester of the machine he once stood against.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Yeah ever since he drew the line with Trump I hated him

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Everything you liked as a teenager appears cringe a couple decades later.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

One of the reasons people love Eminem is the double triple quadruple entendres that you only pick up on when you hear it for the 25th time

by Anonymous 1 week ago

My unpopular opinion: he has always been very overrated

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I liked his first 2 albums. After that, I lost interest. He has been cringe always though beefing with Disney stars or ICP and the ilk.

by Grant02 1 week ago

This is such revisionist history. He had legitimate beefs wth the biggest names in rap at the time. The only reason you think Murder Inc and The Source aren't legitimate is because you are looking back at it after Eminem already clowned them. Those were staples in the rap industry at the time

Murder Inc. was after, and he inherited that beef. The Source sure, I'll give you that even though Benzino sucks to me, he had cachΓ© at the time. The Royce beef was personal, and Royce did that to himself.

by Grant02 1 week ago

Lol, the last album of his I listened to was recovery and he was already nothing like his peak.

by Limp_Custard 1 week ago

a someone who never really listned to him, he is just as cringe when I check out his old stuff

by Small-Ad 1 week ago

That's why he is still one of the highest streaming artists?

Eminem has always been cringe he did not deserve a single award he received.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Have you heard "Fack"?! He's always been cringe.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

No, no.. guys, he's right. HAVE YOU HEARD THAT SONG??

by Moist_Barracuda 1 week ago

lol, this is from the same fans that think Drake is good

by vergiesanford 1 week ago

I haven't liked Drake since Take Care

by Anonymous 1 week ago

So I can't dislike Em because I enjoy Drakes music? You realise not everything is black and white. Unlike a lot of Em fans, people have branching tastes when it comes to rap and don't just focus on one niche type of rapper.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

I couldn't agree more with OP! I never got the hype around him. His voice always sounds like nails on a chalk board to me. Just so nasally and whiney.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

His acting performance in 8 mile was horrible

by Marcia97 1 week ago

Thats kinda his thing.

by spinkasigurd 1 week ago

I lost all interest after 'Relapse'. Not sure if it's from him or me changing but yeah, he's basically a caricature of himself. MGK's diss track was pretty much on point about him.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

He's always been cringe. He has 3 songs. I'm crazy, I'm on drugs, I hate my baby mama but I'm a good dad. Rinse and repeat for 10 albums

by Anonymous 1 week ago