+14 You can get carbonated versions of most beverages. But you can't get non carbonated versions of most sodas. amirite?

by Swimming-Bag-3079 1 week ago

Sure you can. Open it, and wait.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

that's what I'm saying. any flavor you want. just open it and put in the refrigerator until you want it and boom not carbonated anymore

by Anonymous 1 week ago

or take a spoon and mix it in a glass

by KitchenExam 1 week ago

A nice tall glass of warm flat rootbeer.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Do you not have cordial where you're from? We get these jugs of sugar syrup you mix with water in the supermarket that covers most soft drink flavours.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Interesting. Never heard of it.

Sometimes also called syrup. It's a condensed version of the drink with no bubbles. Places like McDonald's buy it, and mix with carbonated water in the drinks machine as it's poured.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Ah okay. I'm aware of the syrups. But can you buy ready to drink noncarbonated cola?

Ah. I'm more talking about a ready to drink non carbonated cola.

You definitely can buy the syrup which you mix with water - used in Soda Stream for example

by Anonymous 1 week ago

But can you buy it ready to drink?

No

by Anonymous 1 week ago

You can buy Floda!

by Cormierhilbert 1 week ago

Milk soda is a thing. I know that I have tried a Korean milk soda before, actually quite good, has more of a yogurt flavor.

by OutrageousLet 1 week ago

Water, beer, wine, all have carbonated versions. You absolutely can get actual fruit juice that's been carbonated, and even milk. But where's my non carbonated Dr pepper?

Well that's part of it. Dr. Pepper is selling a soda, a carbonated beverage. They aren't selling it non-carbonated because that isn't their intent for the drink. Same with Coca-Cola. You can buy the syrup from Sam's/Costco/etc and mix it yourself with still water but that is not what they are wanting you to do because part of the taste profile comes from the fizz in their eyes.

by djast 1 week ago

A ton of companies make syrups for soda streams these days. If you put that on flat water, you can get non carbonated soda.

by leonelbaumbach 1 week ago

And you wouldn't want to. Soda is actually kinda gross by itself, without the carbonation.

by Anonymous 1 week ago

Soda is, by definition, carbonated

by bonniespinka 1 week ago

Yes but not the flavors that are associated with soda. Like cola, or Dr pepper