amirite? ForumsChat Here Finding a job is worse than working one

A forum where everyone can do NON-Topic Related posts. Speak your mind, go on record, or just have fun.

Finding a job is worse than working one

Postby Shayla » 09 Dec 2012, 20:17

I have come to the conclusion that looking for a job is far worse than actually working a job even if it is one that you hate. Filling out the same information over and over, taking those stupid tests that ask the same question six different ways, and waiting on a phone call are way worse than actually going to work!
Shayla
24% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 93
Local time: 22 May 2018, 00:22

Re: Finding a job is worse than working one

Postby TheBlindMan » 10 Dec 2012, 02:48

I completely agree with you there, going into stores and handing out resumes was the worst part about the whole job process to me. Once I got a job I was fine, working eight hours a day wasn't a problem. It was the application that was horrible.
TheBlindMan
60% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 15

Postby toddy00 » 11 Dec 2012, 18:15

Have to agree with the OP here.

Having graduated with my Masters in architecture I have spent the last couple of months exhausting every lead I can find to try and get my foot in the door. It's been quite demoralising having hundreds and hundreds of rejections when all I want to do is work in the field I've studied for 6 years. But I'll carry on until I succeed. It's just hard to not feel like a waste of space while the job hunt continues..
toddy00
52% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 13

Postby cheshire_cat » 11 Dec 2012, 22:53

I have a job now that I hate and I'm trying to find a new one at the same time. It's like the worst of both worlds (frown) I agree with the OP a bit though, at least having a job you hate you still get paid. Looking for one sucks because its a lot of work that doesn't really have much payoff unless you get the job. It sucks taking time out to fill out applications and go to interviews only to find out you didn't get the job.
cheshire_cat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Forum posts: 251
Local time: 21 May 2018, 19:22

Postby Shayla » 23 Dec 2012, 02:24

I am still looking! I did finally get an interview...only to drive 50 miles and be told that they didn't have time to interview me today could I call back Monday and set something up again?!?
Shayla
24% to the next rank.

Postby girlie79 » 08 Jan 2013, 05:16

I absolutely agree with the OP on this one. I have been working from home for awhile now which I love, but it is not paying enough so I am trying to find something else in addition to my online job. Right now the job market absolutely sucks! Shayla did you ever get your interview?
girlie79
24% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 6

Postby Shayla » 08 Jan 2013, 19:30

I did actually get the interview re-scheduled but I haven't heard anything back since then. I guess it is safe to assume that I did not get the job. The search continues!
Shayla
24% to the next rank.

Postby Shayla » 09 Jan 2013, 03:00

No worries guys! I had to think that that particular job was just not right for me. Once I really thought about how much it paid, and how much it would cost me each week in gas I would be better off with something closer to home.
Shayla
24% to the next rank.

Return to Chat Here