amirite? ForumsChat Here Left brained or right brained

A forum where everyone can do NON-Topic Related posts. Speak your mind, go on record, or just have fun.

Left brained or right brained

Postby Old_Spice » 26 Nov 2012, 13:41

Do you know what side of your brain you use more often? Do you think it is your left brain or your right brain? Left-brain thinkers as psychologists say, are more analytic, while right-brain thinkers are "global".

So, what are you then? Do you see any advantages or disadvantages in using a specific brain side?
Old_Spice
33.3% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 100
Local time: 22 May 2018, 00:20

Re: Left brained or right brained

Postby Jesterly » 26 Nov 2012, 14:13

I remember once reading a book called something like 'Drawing with the right side of your brain'. It was supposed to teach you how to be creative and produce a reasonable picture. In general I do find people to be good at either science/maths or arts, so maybe that's related to the left-right brain thing.
Jesterly
33.3% to the next rank.

Postby Lomirek » 26 Nov 2012, 17:32

I remember taking a test years ago that told me which I was but I have long forgotten now. I am guessing right since people tell me that I am never in my right mind (and I think it is opposites).
Lomirek
33.3% to the next rank.

Postby Edna » 27 Nov 2012, 00:42

Lomirek wrote:I remember taking a test years ago that told me which I was but I have long forgotten now. I am guessing right since people tell me that I am never in my right mind (and I think it is opposites).

(hehe) People probably meant it as a compliment.

Anyway, I also took a test myself to determine which side of the brain I tend to use most, and it came out that I prefer to use the right. That explains my love for the arts and anything that borders on creativity. I only wish I could use my left brain just as much, though.
Edna
33.3% to the next rank.

Postby Old_Spice » 27 Nov 2012, 23:51

Personally, I think people should aim to be "whole-brained" rather than focusing on their natural leanings (preferring one side of the brain from the other). Schools could play a great role in developing the whole-brain concept by offering variety in their curricula.
Old_Spice
33.3% to the next rank.

Postby Witty_sob » 10 Dec 2012, 01:37

I took a test in my psychology class and I was pretty evenly split down the middle. I analyze, use logic, and I am book smart. On the other hand, I am very creative, relaxed, and open to suggestion.
Witty_sob
12% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 3

Postby TheBlindMan » 10 Dec 2012, 02:51

Every test I've taken has indicated that I'm right in the middle. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing (d)
TheBlindMan
60% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 15

Return to Chat Here