amirite? Forumsamirite? News and Announcements The Citation Feature

What's happening across amirite. Help us improve the site for you! Post suggestions, comments or questions.

The Citation Feature

Postby AmiriteDev » 06 Nov 2012, 19:29

Hi guys,

First, a quick introduction.
I'm going to be working on bringing new improvements and features to amirite over the coming months. We're looking through all of your suggestions on the UserVoice page (http://amirite.uservoice.com) and I'm happy to say that many of these will be coming soon! The admins and myself look forward to hearing your feedback.

Now down to business,
We're going to be temporarily taking away the 'citation' feature when you make a post. The reason being that it doesn't really get used or server its intended purpose currently.
The best way it gets used by people is when they're giving some sort of reference to an external website to further explain their post. With that in mind, we're going to tweak the citation feature into something new that help you do exactly that, and the link will be more obvious instead of hidden away.

How many of you out there use the citation feature? If you use it, how do you think it could be improved and what would you like to see in future?

Thanks!
AmiriteDev
Developer
Developer

Forum posts: 4
Local time: 18 Dec 2017, 09:23

Re: The Citation Feature

Postby KirstenAnn » 09 Nov 2012, 16:19

I would like it to not have to be a link. I don't know about the full site but on the app it has to be a link and I don't always get it from the Internet, maybe TV or a book.
nanowrimo status: definitely so ridiculously behind schedule it's crazy
KirstenAnn
Respected Member
Respected Member
25% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 175
Local time: 18 Dec 2017, 01:23

Postby jujube » 12 Nov 2012, 22:23

To be perfectly honest, I hadn't noticed a citation feature. Whenever I refer to another site, I always have just linked within the post. I'm not sure I've ever linked out here on amirite, though. Is the citation feature a custom job or is it a normal feature with the forum platform?
jujube
21.3% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 91

Postby KirstenAnn » 20 Nov 2012, 00:09

It's not for the forums it's for amirite posts on the actual posts.
nanowrimo status: definitely so ridiculously behind schedule it's crazy
KirstenAnn
Respected Member
Respected Member
25% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 175

Return to amirite? News and Announcements