amirite? ForumsTopicsParanormal and Strange PhenomenaUFO's and Alien Discussions Why do people assume...

Why do people assume...

Postby Darren » 24 Oct 2012, 22:30

I don't know if there are aliens out there or not. But if there are, I somehow seriously doubt they are anything like us. Why do people act like aliens would be humanoid in some way? I think the chances of that are so low as to be zero chance. I think they would be something the likes of which we've never seen.
Darren
28% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 96
Local time: 18 Dec 2017, 01:24

Re: Why do people assume...

Postby Waverly » 24 Oct 2012, 23:58

I have to agree with you there, Darren. The conditions of life on this planet would be foreign for any organism that survives on say, Mars or Pluto. They would have to have the same type of environment in order for anything like us to develop. Then the chances are slim to none that life would evolve the same way again.
Waverly
29.3% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 97
Local time: 17 Dec 2017, 20:24

Postby Wrenn » 08 Nov 2012, 18:37

I used to hate it when movies turned aliens into squids. But now, I think you're probably right. If there are aliens, who knows what form they are in. It'd be nice if they did looked like us, or better. I think they'll be ugly. Then again, if aliens are in any type of intellectual form, they could think the same about us.
Wrenn
28% to the next rank.

Postby twinkie » 08 Nov 2012, 21:31

I believe there is some sort of scientific theory behind the idea that if intelligent life would develop it would be similar to human beings, but you're right. Who knows? And who's to say that sentient beings might not be completely unrelated to carbon based lifeforms?
twinkie
28% to the next rank.

Postby OakTree » 08 Nov 2012, 21:36

I'm sort of hoping they would look and act like ET. :D I don't know what they would look like but I agree they would have to be adapted to different planetary conditions. Wouldn't it be awesome if they were like Superman?
OakTree
33.3% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 100

Postby kk39 » 09 Nov 2012, 00:26

I don't think that there are other people like "us" out there. I think people hope there are and that is why they talk about it. It would be cool if there were aliens like ET out there.
kk39
33.3% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 100

Postby Shayla » 06 Jan 2013, 03:28

I have always thought that there are other life forms in the universe, but I never really thought that they would be anything like people at least not as physical appearance goes.
Shayla
24% to the next rank.

Forum posts: 93

Return to UFO's and Alien Discussions